• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Stabilitrac/traction failure

silvrzuki77

Hey guys, any suggestions the light came on. No loss of power or any problems can shift in and out of 4x4 no problem. I tightened the battery terminals again but have no drove it since. The light was coming and going and now its just on. Tuesday as soon as i can drop it off. Irritating that my scan gauge cant check it.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Probably one of the wheel sensors gone bad. The ones that sense if your wheel is spinning. Same thing happened to me and one of the sensors had been damaged.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

deserth3

Check your dash 4 hi and 4 lo buttons. With the dust out west the 4 lo has a tendency to stick when it's pushed. After going into 4 lo I tap the dash. Some are able to get a fingerbail under the button and pull it out.
The switch can be removed and cleaned. But it'll just happen again. Some say excersising the switch occasionaly helps.

silvrzuki77

Ive tried cycling the buttons and there not sticking. Actually the first time ive activated the T's 4x4 since i got it last week.

backcountryislife

Weird, mine did the same & I couldn't get into 4L at all. (4H worked though, but that didn't do me much good :D)

Had a bad wheel speed sensor (abs sensor I believe folks on here usually call it).

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Might be...that's what happened to mine. Changed the wheel speed sensor and all was well. The only reason mine went bad was it rubbed on the tire and lost connection

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

silvrzuki77

Looking at the rear abs sensors where they bolt into the axles are covered in oil grimes like they have had a slow leak. Guessing the O rings are bad. Ill post pics tomorrow. Im going to degrease them pull the sensors out and clean them. Any reason the sensor cant get brake cleaner on them? What brand or system for actually really scanning the vehicle would be ideal?

Last edited:

silvrzuki77

I agree since its still under bumper to bumper but with two little kids, it's really is a huge pain in the rear since te wife works.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I agree and disagree if ur warrantied then get it fixed by them IF they pay for it in full. If not do it yourself. IIRC backcountry was quoted at 600ish installed. I did it my own for well under 200

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

silvrzuki77

Well it was none of the above problems. It was a brake pedal sensor switch that attaches to the top of the pedal that went bad.