• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

eBay Hummer H3 Flip Keys

SolidusJ

There is a tiny pin that hold the key in the fob, I never liked how the key wiggled so damn much and after a few months of the Army the thing just fell apart.

Attachments

• 102_1226.jpg
    102_1226.jpg
    753.1 KB · Views: 185

FOXedupONE

Gm dealer said cut the key but said when they tried to program remote it would not work. Any tips? Should I try a different dealer or that programming tool? Maybe I got a bad one...will contact seller as well.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Try another dealer. Many (all) other dealers have programmed them successful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
There is a tiny pin that hold the key in the fob, I never liked how the key wiggled so damn much and after a few months of the Army the thing just fell apart.

Mine is solid. I noticed the pin. If you didn't lose the pin can you try putting it back in?

BYW I tried mine in the door lock again and after a little fiddeling it unlocked the door. Maybe I didn't insert it all the way (I know thats what she said Adrian).

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Go to Lowes in the bolt section. There's a drawer with all sizes and types on pins. See which one fits. If it's too long, just file it down.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I disassembled mine to see what the “pin” looks like. If you open the key half way, then the pins can be seen on the top and bottom side.
2012-10-12214432.jpg

It takes a Phillips "0" screw driver to remove the screws. The screws are flush head machine screws, one goes in from each side. The key has a groove in one side (the back side in the picture) and the screws go into this groove to hold the key in place. When the two screws are tight, the key fits firmly into the base part.
2012-10-12214733.jpg

I measured the screws and they are 0.05" diameter and 0.153" long. Be careful not to over torque the screws. They are very small and it looks like it would be easy to over torque them and strip the threads.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I saw Mikes key at LCC and I will be ordering one, I also NEED that dewalt he had too lol. Mike you have some cool stuff.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I was waiting to post on the DeWalt 1/2" Impact Wrench until I has properly tested it. I post it in another thread not that I've demonstrated that it can handle lug nuts.