• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H1 up for auction

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Well, that's the description that 3Hummers has used to describe the #8 issue: "THE COOLANT LEVEL GOES DOWN WHILE OPERATING WITH NO VISIBLE LEAKS"

LagunaH1

To the best of my knowledge there is no way of repairing a cracked engine block, so replacement is the only viable option.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

MaxPF

AGNTSA
Auggie is correct, a new engine is the only fix.

It depends on whether the crack stays in the bore or propagates to the deck surface. If it stays in the bore you can sleeve that cylinder. Unfortunately, unless you can R&R the engine and disassemble/reassemble it yourself, you wont same much money over a new engine.

As far as direct replacements go, I wouldn't put a regular Optimizer 6500 in it. Spend the little bit of extra money and get a P400, which gets you a bedplate on the bottom end, a forged steel crank, and other minor improvements ;)

MaxPF

AGNTSA
If the engine were good that'd be exactly what I want :roll:

Meh, engines are easy to swap out. 7 grand will buy you a brand spanky new AMG P400
deal.gif

Or swap a Cummins in it!
ignore.gif

Last edited:

Kurt

Meh, I wish GEP/AM General will hurry up and release their 3.2L engine. Would make engine swaps super easy and give it lots of power.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
I know that, but I have NO place and NO time (family ) so it's easier for me to pay someone to do this work. But then is it worth it? Or I can buy one with fixed or NO problem engine for same price?

Trevon

That's what I'm thinking. I will probably need a small load to get my H1...but they wouldn't ever approve it for more money to fix a broken engine. Gotta save for the next few months and will probably rely on someone here to find a local craigslist deal cause a lot of the sellers on ebay are high as a kite :NO: When ebay has the KBB value right there for a 93-95 saying 15-20,000 and theyre asking 35...:wtf2:

Anyways, lol I never thought I would see better deals on craigslist than ebay or from dealers. I would like to thank everyone here that has shown me some though...wish I had the money right now!