• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What emergency gear do you keep in your HUMMER?

I carry a hiking bag loaded with survival gear, but I guess I should carry a little more then that. I will put a list of what I already have in it. But I have a full size emergency warming blanket, regular Fire extinguisher, small chemical fire extinguisher, and a full size water refillable fire extinguisher. A halogen tool, 12 volt charging flash light, tow rope, safety reflective vest, tire repair kit, door opening kit (for those that lock themselves out of their trucks lol) .... Will have to think what else... Will have a shovel and axe soon too, thanks to Scarsman

06PullUouT

High lift jack on the roof rack
CB
Waterproof tarp
Camo netting
3 fire extinguishers
6 ton bottle jack
Jumper cables
Rope
4"x30' strap
Blankets (2)
Tire gauge
Airdown gauge
15# Co2 tank
1 tool bag with gerenal purpose tools/sockets/wrenchs
Trenching shovel
Frisby - (games, collects/holds water, makeshift bowl, etc)
Nuvi GPS navigation
Gloves

LED maglite on key ring
Spyderco in pocket
Swiss army knife in pocket
Hankerchief in pocket

Go bag -
Lots of stuff - but primary item is a water purifier with 2 ceramic filters.

eta: a few years back SOF (Soldier of Fortune) had an atricle on NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) preparedness. The bottom line is that if one prepares for natural disasters like Tornados, Snow storms, Floods, Draught, Riots, etc, then one is pretty much prepared for anything. It doesn't take a lot of extra gear - some general purpose camping gear is a basic beginning. The real trick is to understand the multipurpose uses of various common items (like a hankerchief can be a filter strainer, a sunhat, a tournequet bandage, even a snot rag)-(an AA mini-maglite is the same dimensions as a Kuboton and legal on airplanes)-(a camera monopod can serve as a hiking stick, cane, club, tent support, etc and is legal on airplanes)-(the same gortex rainsuit that serves you on the golf course, also works on the motorcycle or fishing on the boat and even works as cloathing while backpacking). note: Honey never spoils.

I think ultra light backpackers have pretty much nailed the minimalist approach to survival. They are a great study in making do with not very much. Well worth the research time.

Completely agree that the minimalist back packer has it nailed. I read this book (Ultralight Backpacking Tip) a while ago and has helped me get "light" when traveling in the great unknown!

Hercules-H3T

Tactical flashlight
First aid kit
Car jack
Frogg togg
Blanket
Ak 47 w/ 30 rounds
Gloves
Tow strap
Scarf
Hatchet
Knife sharpener
Fire starter
Pocket knife
Swiss army knife

All under the seat of an H3T

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Pooslinger900

At all times I carry in the truck:

2 Flashlights (with spare batteries)
Shovel
Axe
hammer
compressor
tire repair kit
300pc tool set (with a few specific things added to it)
wire and electrical connectors
hose clamps
duct tape
Rescue Tape
rope
Carabiners
zip ties
tie downs
bunggy cords
wd-40
roll of toilet paper (a must in every vehicle I've ever owned)
2 bandanas
Recovery Gear bag (straps, snatch blocks, hooks, ect)
large and small first aid kit
power inverter
jumper cables
portable jump box
all fluids for truck
spare gas
gallon of water
sawyer water filter
change of clothes
small Tent
camo tarp
backpacking stove (with fuel)
2 emergency rain ponchos
jacket
1 change of clothes (with extra socks and underwear)
emergency blankets
various knives
multiple ways of starting fire (lighters, matches, flint/rod)
4 M.R.E.s
compass
paper maps
atlas (tho my truck has an android stereo system and is it's own rolling wifi hotspot for google maps as well)
CB
HAM radio
a few plastic bags of various sizes (trash bags, grocery bags, ziplok bags)
glow sticks
road flares
safety glasses
ear plugs
dust mask
gloves (leather and nitrile)

I think that's it. Most of it fits in my rear drawer storage system I built so you really don't notice it's there. Spare parts only come with on long wheel trips and Death Valley get-a-ways. And some may think it's a lot of crap but honestly, when you (or someone in your group) really needs something it's nice to be able to just say "yeah, I've got that!"

JPaul

I'd love to see pics of your drawer setup. That's quite a few items you've managed to fit in there. I'm planning on building drawers myself soon (once I get my engine repaired at least).

Stoic Bluejay

7 gal water jug filled, month work of rations box, handheld cb radio, first aid kit, KBAR, window breaker/seat bel cutter, jumper cables, extra clothes for our 5 year old (I can wear what I've got on for a few days), power converter, security bag goes everywhere with me.(what's in there is a not for the Internet). Been looking at getting a SAT Phone for a couple years now. Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking when SHTF regular cell communications are going down...CB and SAT Phone up.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most of my survival/self defense gear is in Go bags. I keep all the normal tools, trail repair and spare parts in it full time.

ABENTON89

I always keep my Glock 22 in the glove box along with my day pack with basic EDC.

I have a duffel bungied down in the back with the following:
-jumper cables
-Husky crescent wrench
-Sawyer water purifier
-two mini first aid kits
-emergency blanket
-two emergency ponchos
-two pairs of mechanix gloves
-paracord and larger rope
-pliers
-a ziploc with lighters, waterproof matches, ferro rod, and fire starting material
-various tools
-extra 19mm socket with a torque wrench
-can of belt lubricant
-can of wd40
-tire gauge
-micro fiber towel
-some zip ties
-two Eno hammocks with straps

I plan on getting some more items like extra fluids, air compressor combo kit, and a mini hatchet plus whatever else comes to mind.

MtnArmor

If you look at Pooslinger900 list very similar to mine so I won't re post the gear. I will tell you that as a recovering SAR member the most used items I've used for rescues or personal use are the following:
-fire extinguisher
-spot bleed kits
-ace bandages
-sam splint
-chest seal band aides
-head lamp
-tweezers with a jewelers loop (splinters drive me insane)
-Ham radio (Baefong radio with paper list of frequencies including State and Federal emergencies channels)
-Silky 14 inch saw
-6 5 hour energy drinks
-Hydrogen Peroxide
-Bed Rug lay down pad

I will be tearing down the current organizer of where all the gear goes for slant back conversion so I will re post some pictures before I tear it down, organization is the key, I'm anal with that stuff.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
...AAA Premier membership card with a free annual 200 mile tow to get your or a friend's rig home.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk