• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Not so Hot tub

erdlen65

So I thought maybe with all the great Hummer knowledge someone might know a thing or two about hot tubs... I have a Viking supreme series hot tub with balboa controls and an AO Smith pump. Now here's my problem. As soon as the pump comes on it rapidly turns on then off in a "revving" kind of pattern. I'm not sure if I need a pump, topside control, or a pack to replace the main control.... Any help would be great since the price jumps pretty quick and I don't wanna waste a ton of money guessing on parts. And I'm to cheap to pay some repair guy hourly haha:roll:

08H3

Here's my guess, but I'd say that your pump isn't self priming and your "revving" is the pump starting to get it's prime, and then losing it. That's my best guess based on what you have said. Maybe 4Speed will chime in. I was new to hottub ownership last year and he gave me a bunch of advice, all of it spot on.

j3jackson

Big tires
Good topic. My wife wants us to get one. Good luck on your problem.

PS At first I thought you were talking about Hot tub in Moab.

erdlen65

Thanks for the advice guys. After looking over everything again I found a crack in my topside control panel it was dumb luck I pushed down on the controls and it started working fine and as soon as I let the pressure off it acted up again. The best thing is the part is fairly inexpensive ( less than 100$) and j3jackson Moab is to far from me lol maybe someday I'll make the pilgramidge across country haha