• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hi lift woes

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I am having troubles lowering my hi lift. I cant seem to push the reverse lever down, idk if its broken or just really stubborn ....thoughts?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hunner

Try slightly pushing the handle down in lift mode and then push the lever to take some pressure off.
Sometimes it will also work the other way.

cbetts

NERD!!!
I recommend a silicone based lube instead. Makes less mess. I typically spray mine during a pre-trip inspection. Helps keep the dust out and I don't have to fight it on the trail.

Hunner

WD-40 I don't think is what it used to be. Seems watered down, maybe still a penetration liquid but not much lube quality and attracts dust and dirt and migrates to other surfaces I don't want it on.
I use the dry lube stuff also.
PB Blaster is the best for loosening things up and recommends not using WD-40 first or if you do add more PB Blaster to wash it away. Sound like hype to use more of their product but the stuff works! Reading the can is hilarious also.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
WD-40 is a great moisture remover and displaces water. Used to use it on distributor caps (remember those?) and for cylinder locks in winter after a car wash. But as a lubricant, it is not good and is not long lasting.
[h=5][/h]

cbetts

NERD!!!
WD-40 is a great moisture remover and displaces water. Used to use it on distributor caps (remember those?) and for cylinder locks in winter after a car wash. But as a lubricant, it is not good and is not long lasting.

Yep, used it a lot when I lived in the Sierras and needed to keep the snow from stalling out the car. Worked great in starters as well. Had one freeze up on me one winter.