• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

NOW AVAILABLE: The H3/H3T Scorpworks Bushing Front Diff Crossmember

06BlueH3

Old nut

Okay. How do you remove old nut that the center bolt screws into so you can put in new bolt supplied by Scorpworks. Nobody ever mentions it. Sorry if a dumb question, but it's the only thing holding me up from finishing.

06BlueH3

Thanks. I'll try to pry it off. It looked like it is bolted on and I could not find what size Allen wrench the bolt is.

06BlueH3

Okay. How do you remove old nut that the center bolt screws into so you can put in new bolt supplied by Scorpworks. Nobody ever mentions it. Sorry if a dumb question, but it's the only thing holding me up from finishing.

Okay, I was able to remove the retainer clip that holds the nut in place.
A torx shoulder bolt holds the clip in place. I pressed out the old nut and pressed in the Scorpworks nut and reinstalled. This should ensure nut does not come loose.

7decade4ec7b5989a5380d587c61dd5b.jpg

995b99ae53d9268555dc36b117a7582e.jpg

Last edited:

06BlueH3

Okay. I packed up my old crossmember and will be dropping it off in the morning at FedEx to return to Dwaine at Preferred Chassis Fabrication.

KristianH3

Do you have any updated pictures from the bery first post that you made? Everything from way back is not working anymore and curious to see how they all look like

Hummer88

Probationary Member
I tried calling and email I would like to order the h3 bushing /crossmember. can you give a call when you get the chance 432=661=5655 ron thanks

D

Deleted member 7876

I'm curious if these cross members are still available? I believe mine isn't doing to well. I'll know in a week or two when I get back to the Hummer to have a check. But I noticed, with a quick step on the gas, she clunks underneath.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dwaine has been unable to keep this in stock due to virtually none of his customers returning their old ones for cores. Guess he should have charged a much bigger core fee.

Korby7

I have a crossmember I could donate and could ship Moab express. Anyone live close to Dwaine that is going to Moab this spring?

D

Deleted member 7876

Dwaine has been unable to keep this in stock due to virtually none of his customers returning their old ones for cores. Guess he should have charged a much bigger core fee.

Thanks for responding 3Hummers. Yea, sent him a PM but no response.
Guess I'll see if I can get the kit from Outfitters.

D

Deleted member 7876

Too bad, would've been great just to replace the cross member instead of dealing with the bushings. Oh well, it is what it is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk