• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Florida Trail Ride - Citrus WMA

sinstr

Jeff and I did a little trial run this past weekend. About 25 miles of trail, nothing technical. We both found out we had drivetrain issues on the trail, my H3 may have chunked the front diff, while jeff may have t-case issues. We both made it home (well, i left my truck 240 miles away to be checked). All in all it was better then not wheeling. Made me think twice about parting out my truck and building something new.
And, wile driving to meet up, we passed that F-16 on the highway. I never dreamed my Hummer could pass a fighter jet.

http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff454/jekylledown/Citrus WMA March 31 2012/

Big2dabank

I had a good time saturday and we found some good terrain considering the whole day was spent exploring and several of the trails were closed to 4x4's. I am glad we both discovered our drive train issues on a mild trail day instead of a more technical trail day, where the odds of breaking something and not being able to get home or in Alex's case get mostly home.

This section of trail was one of my favorite parts, wish we had more pics of this trail. I think a night run on these trails would be awesome.

DSC00613.jpg

Big2dabank

Problem is only in 4 hi lock, so I think its T-case and not diff, and I have no issues at highway speeds and on pavement. I need to check it out good before our next trip in a couple weeks.

Big2dabank

I'm all fixed up turned out to be a combination of loose skid plate bolts and some binding in the cogniti pitman idler support brackets with my new kryptonite steering setup. Disassembled everything and reinstalled and no more noises. I'm all set for another run.