• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

cbetts' 2006 H3 Build

poncho1965

It appears the 35's are on the stock 7.5" rims? I have an automatic/I-5, what kind of hit will the drivability take with 35's vs 33's, ? Thanks, you have a very nice rig there :)

cbetts

NERD!!!
It appears the 35's are on the stock 7.5" rims? I have an automatic/I-5, what kind of hit will the drivability take with 35's vs 33's, ? Thanks, you have a very nice rig there :)

Thanks! Yep, those are stock rims. A lot of us are running the 35"s with little issue. You will notice a slight loss in power and MPG. Also, the KM2s are noisier but not too bad.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Time to post the latest addition to the beast!

(click images to view larger version)

Yep, got the DayStar 1" body lift put on. Mudbug came over one day and helped me out with this. I liked how it turned out. I was getting tired of my tires hitting the inner fenders. I have damage already done to both front fenders and have some good wear marks in the rear.

There was still some water trapped in the bushings which happened to drain in my face. YUCK!

Overall, it was a simple install. Had to rotate the radiator shroud and pull the old bolts. A floor jack and a couple of blocks were all that were needed to lift the body enough to slide in the spacers.

The gaps are a little noticeable, but not bad.

I now have a little more flexing room for the sliders. I bent them while taking John Bull so I know I may need the space.

I may have to do some trimming to install my OEM off road lights in the lower grill.

I had to post a reminder since many parking garages around me are 6'8" and I am now an inch taller.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Somehow, I forgot the cross member from Preferred Chassis Fabrication. The new until is quite a brute.

I especially like added tab for the UCP. While I was under the truck, I discovered that I needed a new steering rack and halfshafts.

I also found out how the dealership was changing my oil.

I upgraded all the skid bolts to hardened allen-head bolts while I was there.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Looks good Craig, how did the body lift affect your shifter? Was it noticeable or just slightly lower than before?

Funny you should mention that! I have the habit of feeling around for the shifter to verify what gear I am in. I had to look several time because the shifter was not where I was expecting it. It is clearly noticeable to those that drive 5-speed H3s.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Yep...rocky roads. I'd still take em over oem any day because of the added outside rail to protect the doors

cbetts

NERD!!!
I have a pile of parts waiting for me . . .
2013-01-27_13-30-49_660.jpg

• 2 pair KC lights (57 Series) to replace my Pep Boys specials on the rack
  • 1 pair KC lights (26 Series) to mount on the back of the rack
  • New A/C controls to fix temp problem
  • Replacement rear view camera
  • Replacement CB antenna mount
  • Replacement air horn (solenoid is stuck on horns in truck)
  • Tomp Skid for rear (still need to painted)
  • 5 gallon air tank
  • Cell phone mount for my Droid

I will rewire all the off road lights at one time. I have the factory buttons that go in the dash by A/C controls. Also going to run an air line to the back for the air tank along with another hose hookup.

Stay tuned.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Finally got some progress on the truck! The KC lights are installed.
2013-03-10_17-04-17_93.jpg

2013-03-10_17-06-10_944.jpg

I mounted the smaller set in the rear to see how they would look.
2013-03-10_17-04-30_433.jpg

I had received a set of the OEM lower grill lights and OEM roof lights from Zach. Finally got the grill lights installed. I gutted the other lights to use the switch and wire harness for the roof lights. Did some major rewiring to get it all working. I wish I knew about the factory pass-through wires that were installed for OEM add-ons back when I first did my lights. Oh well. It all worked out in the end.
2013-03-10_17-02-45_736.jpg

I also replaced the broken CB antenna mount that 2N17X took out on Black Friday in 2012.