• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Switching out reverse light bulbs with led ones :)

JonBishop

Quick question are they hard to switch out or is it like switching out break light bulbs?....
db002403.jpg

Last edited:

Ron46

Capt.
Extremely easy to do! I put new led reverse light bulbs in and mine were plug and play. It took about 15 minutes to do both sides, and thats with taking a bunch of pictures too lol.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Post some pix with the new lights if you can!

>Sent from my Secret Phone Shoe using Tapatalk<

JonBishop

Well here they are :) I guess I ordered two pairs, so just went ahead and did parking/turn lights too :)
6294733c.jpg
3992a783.jpg
driver side reverse light done, just to compair :)
95b73453.jpg
then that's all of them done :)

JonBishop

There abit brighter :) super easy to do, only funky thing is I have them in my tail light turn lights so when turning on the turn signal the clicking is fast as if the lights dead but it's not, jus that BA bulb doing its work :) go on EBay an type in "2 Bright White 3157 36 LED Turn Back up Light Bulb 12V" and u can find them, for the life of me it wouldn't let me post the link haha

SC_Hummer_Guy

Mr. Sexy Sugar Britches
Sweet thanks for the heads up.. Till I get my Gobi and lights on it, I need all the light I can get behind me out here in SC to avoid hitting trees that like to come out of nowhere! Haha

Sent from my secret spy phone using Tapatalk

JonBishop

Haha I kno what u mean, I got them cuz of that same reason my driveway is kinda curveie so I need alil more light to help out backing

D

Dennis

turn lights so when turning on the turn signal the clicking is fast as if the lights dead but it's not

The reason for the fast turn signal blink, is because the circuit required a resistive element of the incandescent filament bulbs to work the slow standard rate of blink..And so, the LED is not resistive electrically speaking, you need to put a resistor of about the same resistance as the incandescent bulb across the bulb base to make the circuit think it still has a typical incandescent filament bulb in.

JonBishop

Now would the fast blink mess anything up tho?... If not ill leave it lol The light isn't fast blinking its the click inside the cab is clicking fast haha

Last edited:

SedonaBound

I awakened this zombie thread because it fits. Can anyone post before and after pics of the illuminated area behind the truck when OEM back-up bulbs are replaced with LEDs? Do I need to add a resistor in the line to keep the ECU happy when an LED is installed? Looking for the brightest b-u lights available without adding a separate fixture.