• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2012 Overland Expo- Flagstaff, AZ (May 18th-20th)

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
http://www.overlandexpo.com/

Any interest in going?

I'm going to be down that way and am going to try to make it this year.

When: May 18 - 20, 2012
Where: Flagstaff, Arizona, 2 hours north of Phoenix off I-17, at Mormon Lake Lodge (Google map). Flagstaff has thousands of hotel rooms, restaurants, bars, and is the gateway to the Grand Canyon and the Four Corners backcountry [OVERVIEW LOCATION MAP] [VENUE GROUNDS MAP]
What: Overland Expo is an international event that educates and inspires people to get out and explore the world, by bike and vehicle—
85+ different classes, workshops, and roundtable programs
120+ exhibitors ~ 4WD & adventure motorcycles, accessories, camping gear
Experts, authors, & videographers from around the world
Music, food, film festival, & happy hours
1000s of overlanders from around the world
Onsite & nearby camping for everyone [VENUE GROUNDS MAP]
Kids under 16 are free

Trekker

That Guy
Man I want to do this sooooo bad but the dates aren't working for me! So much wheeling to do, so little time and money. :gaah:

H32NV

I live in Flagstaff! I'll be around! I have a guest bedroom and can be a tour guide for the Flagstaff area and Sedona.

AZtraveler

Overland Expo (OX12) update

Luis, Overland Affair's setup will be right by the main registration booth. Let Marc know if you want to help out.

Just heard that Overland Affair will not be attending this year;~(( But we'll be there Luis - so come on up! It'll give you an opportunity to try out the new tent.

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope who ever goes will post up some pics of all the cool **** they will no doubt have on display.

Our intrepid reporter from last year was a bit stingy with the photos.......

:wink:

AZtraveler

I'll get the photos - but am in transition and don't have an online account to link from. Will look into it when we return and get them posted ASAP.

mudbug

trail blazer
We will be heading back from Texas during the same time so I will see if the wife wants to stop by on the 20th

AZtraveler

We are camped in RV park D36 - just down from the Day Pass booth. Stop by if you make it. Look for a grey H3T with the spare on the roof.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
As of today I'm doubtful. Really want to go but other obligations are getting in the way

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

AZtraveler

I'll get the photos - but am in transition and don't have an online account to link from. Will look into it when we return and get them posted ASAP.

There are lots of photos already posted on the Expedition Portal - so no need for my images;~))

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/77168-The-Official-2012-Overland-Expo-thread!!!-Post-your-comments-questions-images/page19

and on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150901941338028.441274.200026223027&type=1&l=9f2ab3bb81

and some interesting ones on this site:

http://www.exploringelements.com/event-overland-expo-2012/

It was a great event with tons of interesting stuff to see and do. Definitely a must do if you are in the least bit interested in overland travel, camping or truck modifications.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I wish I had gone but then again, that's all I would've dreamed about over the last week. Ignorance can be bliss :)

Hunner

I saw a tricked out red JK on the freeway here yesterday pulling a white Wilderness trailer. It all looked new and maybe never "offroaded" or done very carefully. I tried to maneuver in traffic to get a shot of it but was not very successful. They waved and grinned. I'm guessing it was a vendor by the looks of it.
It had a rooftop tent and snorkle and just about every hang on mod there is.
I bet they were returning from that event. I had hoped some one would post some links so I could see if it was in any pictures just out of interest as to who it might have been.
Then pulling out of a gas station down the road was a black one with a million stickers all over the windows.