• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Fire Extguisher Mount

cbetts

NERD!!!
I recently recieved a fire enguisher mount from our new friends over at Safari Straps.:link:

This is exactly what I needed for my H3. I have been wheeling the last four years with my extiguisher tucked away in the back of my truck. Not the best place to keep it, especially when I would have to dig down into a bin to find it.

Installation is really simple. I removed the headrest from my set and slid the bars into the top two straps on the mount and placed the headrest back on the seat.
2012-02-24_14-38-03_92.jpg

Next, I looped the straps through around the back seat mount and pulled them back through the buckles.
2012-02-24_14-38-54_358.jpg

Next, to adjust the three straps the hold the extinguisher and it is all done! I didn't cinch the straps down too tight since I want to be able to remove the extinguisher with little effort in an emergency.
2012-02-24_14-43-53_752.jpg

There is still plenty of room for the passenger in the back seat as well.
2012-02-24_14-44-48_263.jpg

This is a great solution for those that do not want to drill holes in their truck. This mount also keeps the extinguisher upright and in a visible location for others to find in an emergency. The workmanship on the straps is of good quality.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Is there anything to hold it in place in the event of a roll-over?

I'm going to have to agree. I would have at least a bungee that pulls over the valve. In an accident, something with that weight, tends to carry a lot of inertia. One thing is for sure, it's much better with that setup rather than having it just sitting on the floor.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone