• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Shop Manual

D

Dennis

I was hoping someone who has been down this road, can shed some light on this for me..

I am looking to get a comprehensive Shop Service manual and there is a few to choose from..Can anybody recommend any one of these offered here on ebay?..the CD versions for $5.00 to $7.00 bucks seem okay, but are they complete for an 06 or do they cover all the years listed equally?

Thanks for the help in advance:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Hummer+H3+repair+manual

cbetts

NERD!!!
I bought this one off ebay: :link:

It is okay. Not as detailed as my paper shop manual but worth the price. They are all PDFs so it is easy to load on a laptop or tablet to carry in the truck.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
What Bigunit says is correct. The GM manuals has EVERYTHING. That info will be crucial down the road when info will slowly disappear.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Chook

My Company train the GM Techs.......... All their manuals are electronic via download subscription service.......... they do it this way because only the electronic has the very latest information & service bulletins (whereas the paper manual is out of date before it is printed)

You will find good ebay versions are a PDF of an electronic download from the GM site. i.e. they are still the GM version the techs use, but are also out of date from the time it was downloaded.

I would use Haynes only if you can't get the specific GM H3 ones. The information Haynes contains is very generic.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
My Company train the GM Techs.......... All their manuals are electronic via download subscription service.......... they do it this way because only the electronic has the very latest information & service bulletins (whereas the paper manual is out of date before it is printed)

You will find good ebay versions are a PDF of an electronic download from the GM site. i.e. they are still the GM version the techs use, but are also out of date from the time it was downloaded.

I would use Haynes only if you can't get the specific GM H3 ones. The information Haynes contains is very generic.

True....but
After one year very little is actually updated. If you get a 2012 dvd, 2011 and back might only have few if any revisions.
However, some people don't need a manual since they refuse to believe what people post from the manual!
But the GM manuals are the best and that is what guiltiness and others base their manuals off.

tapatalk

D

Dennis

Heads Up!

I recently just got a CD version from EBAY of the H3 Shop Manual that I posted about earlier in this thread..Model Dates from 2006 to 2009....For a lack of better words..it ain't worth the file space it wastes:hjob:..You get what you pay for:deal:..I paid $6.00 for it, no big deal..But only that it is barely useable and only covers mostly the 2007 model H3 and I have no way of knowing if the 2006 is simular in every detail as the 2007..and for that matter, it sure don't have much information on the 2008, or 2009..Just saying it maybe lacking for those MY's....Anyways, all it is, is a bunch of read only PDF files with a lot of missing illistrations, because the Original version that GM put out, had interactive links imbedded in the files and would take you to sub-routines and illistrations to perform the service procedures..
:grr:
I guess I'll keep looking for the 2006 Hard copy shop manuals..I seen them for around $150.00 for the 2 volume set on Ebay..Helms are a little pricey IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator: