• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Military? Claim your recognition badge here

JonBishop

never got to sign, brothers an mother begged an pleaded me not to join the marines, so i didn't, to make them happy an not worry, so i just wanted to say thank you to you fine people who are serving and who has served in the U.S forces :cheers:

glpd74

Sorry to bring back up an old thread but just wanted to give my thanks to all serving and that served our great country:thumbs:

Chook

Our emblem is different but I served over 20yrs Australian Navy

RAN.jpg

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Chook, maybe we can get our resident graphic artist/designer, Nacho, to also design a badge for you. Nacho, Nacho, Nacho...

Chook

Thanks Nacho........... I really love the way you got the White Ensign Flag in the background of the writing:).

Cheers
:cheers:
Chook

Last edited:

Nacho

Now with Chese
Thanks Nacho........... I really love the way you got the White Ensign Flag in the background of the writing:).

Cheers
:cheers:
Chook

No problem, I figured the white ensign flag better identified it as Australian.

sent from my Leapfrog Leappad using Tapatalk

MaxPF

AGNTSA
It's cool to see our allies get their recognition badges. I was thinking... instead of having the US badges have the branch insignia followed by "Army, Navy, AF, Marines", and non-US say things like "AUS NAVY", how about leading it with the nation's flag, then the word "ARMY, NAVY, AIR FORCE, MARINES, COAST GUARD" etc, and then the branch insignia after it. So, for instance, where my US Army badge has the Army star followed by "ARMY", it would have the US Flag in the area currently occupied by the star, then "ARMY", and then the star. Likewise, Chooks badge would have the Australian flag, then "NAVY", and then the Australian naval insignia. Of course, the color scheme needs to be appropriate for that nation's military emblem, i.e. whereas the word NAVY for the US Navy emblem is blue with a gold outline, the word NAVY for Chooks would be whatever is appropriate for an Australian Navy badge.

Just a thought :huh:

Last edited: