• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Long Range Fuel Tank

Chook

Just wanted to let you know that Longranger have developed a Long Range Fuel Tank for the H3 if you are interested.

It is an Auxilliary Tank carrying an extra 70 Litres [18.5 Gal] (1" Body Lift Kits can get a bigger tank up to a whopping 220 Litres [58 Gal] all up with 3 tanks)

Here are some pics of the Aux 70l tank:

longranger hummer tank  70lt auxiliary 01.jpgThe longranger hummer tank  70lt auxiliary 02.jpgthe longranger hummer tank  70lt auxiliary 03.jpgthe longranger hummer tank  70lt auxiliary 04.jpgthe longranger hummer tank  70lt auxiliary 05.jpgthe longranger ta681.jpgthe longranger ta682.jpgthe longranger ta683.jpg

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Great info thanks. Unfortunately I can't use it with all the mods I have in the rear.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Been looking for something like that, thank you.

Do you have a link to the news article or where it's being offered?

Last edited:

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Very interesting, do you know if it has its own seperate pump and fuel lines? or if it is just connected to the main gas tank via tube of some sorts?

Chook

The tank design and production is complete they are just waiting for one more local hummer H3 to come to them for fitment (Newcastle, Australia)

I posted it in Australia section of the forum as I am not sure if it will be sold outside Australia (they distribute them through ARB so you could check with ARB over there)

From what I understand the Aux Tank has its own pump, sender & gauge. The idea is to use this to top off the main tank when necessary by turning on the transfer pump. The 2 tanks are connected at the filler so as the main tank fills it will also go into the Aux Tank (also if you transfer too much into the main tank it will flow back to the aux tank).

Here is a link to their website

http://www.thelongranger.com.au/

Cheers,
Chook

Last edited:

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Im interested in something like this, im just wondering what the costs would be to ship it stateside. And what it would normally cost.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Chook

Im interested in something like this, im just wondering what the costs would be to ship it stateside. And what it would normally cost.

Check with your local ARB stockist, you guys have the ARB bullbars and other big heavy items etc. so they must get a good deal with shipping as this tank is large so shipping would be expensive.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool. I have an added 45 gallon tank on the 94 H1. Gives me a 88 gallon capacity and a range of 900-1100 miles depending on where and how I am driving.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Check with your local ARB stockist, you guys have the ARB bullbars and other big heavy items etc. so they must get a good deal with shipping as this tank is large so shipping would be expensive.

I will do that, thanks.

Chook

Someone on X mentioned it wasn't showing up on the ARB website........... Here is the screenshot from the ARB International website it clearly shows Long Range Fuel Tank for the H3, the link doesn't show any more detail but both Longranger & ARB here have confirmed the tank can be ordered.

ARB Hummer Original.jpgDaretoComplain.jpg

Last edited:

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
So, I've contacted ARB USA and then Long Ranger in Australia and here are the results. ARB USA didn't even know about the fuel tank being worked by Long Ranger. The Long Ranger said that an auxiliary fuel tank for the H3 is not available. I asked them if they have one in production and haven't received an answer back yet. More to follow if and when they respond.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Update... I received a follow-up email today from the Long Ranger in Australia and they confirmed development. Here is what the email read.

We have developed an auxiliary fuel tank for the H3 Hummer but at this stage we are only installing them in house as we have not completed any kit contents list or fitting instructions. There is also an exhaust modification required in order to fit the tank.
Chook is right. Guess I'll have to be patient... :sigh:

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
If we can get them to just ship the tank itself, im sure a shop stateside could easily set up the pumps and lines and install em.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hunner

I have to guess that is for the I-5? If so I need to look harder at the Alpha and what exhaust mods would need to be made different.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
I sent an email to my point of contact, Paul Evans, to inquire about the tanks. He is on vacation until the 21st of January, so I don't know when he'll respond. I also asked whether these are for the V8s or I5s. Here are the pics that he sent me last year.

HummerH3023_zpsae79b617.jpg

HummerH3026_zps022d4019.jpg

HummerH3028_zpsbc8af433.jpg

HummerH3Exh004_zpscaf38986.jpg

HummerH3Exh001_zps55aea3e6.jpg

Chook

I sent an email to my point of contact, Paul Evans, to inquire about the tanks. He is on vacation until the 21st of January, so I don't know when he'll respond. I also asked whether these are for the V8s or I5s. Here are the pics that he sent me last year.

Guys this is the second auxiliary tank......... If you look at the images on the first post in this thread the 70 litre (18.5 Gal) tank sits on the RHS in line with the OEM fuel tank forward of the rear axle. The guys @ long ranger made the one in Paladines post as an extra only because when the guy who got the first one made had exhaust modified he deleted the rear muffler and took it back to them to make this 2nd extra tank. In fact the original guy that has his H3 fitted with these tanks had a 1" body lift kit so they increased the size of the tank another 10 litres (2.6 Gal). All up this H3 would carry more than 220 litres of gas (58 Gal) with the main tank + the 2 Aux tanks.

Yes this was designed for the I5 Wagon (this was the only H3 to come to AUS) but the exhaust still needs to be modified. This is why they needed to test fit some vehicles as they were going to ship the tank with the items needed to modify the stock exhaust. It would work with the Alpha but you would need to get a custom exhaust made between the resonator and the rear axle. If you look at the CAD drawing in the first post you will see the tank wraps around the exhaust resonator in its stock position. personally I would just delete the resonator (or move it back) and replace with a straight pipe.