• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

U.S. & canada expedition

Sircode13

This just popped into my brain, what if we all just got together like a trail run, except in would be like pan american or something like that? It'll be like the trans american Hummer expedition!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

That sounds like a great idea cgalpha08! I've been all over the US my Dad's motto was "I was born to wander, I was born to roam and I guess it got passed down to me. Didn't go to College, but did a lot of self study, got lucky with an engineering job in my Dad's field of mold and die building. I saved a lot of money and When I got married, I quit my job and took a trip to Hong Kong for a few months for my wife's immigration. When we got back, we took a month long cross country trip. Only didn't have the Hummer. To all of the northeast. Starting I think it was I-70 and back on I-80 & I-40 or the reverse of that, the brains starting to go lol. Had to show her Washington DC, New York City, my land in Stowe Mountain Vermont, Chicago and thru Nebraska We tried to see everything we could there and back. My wife likes to say she almost got killed there my a sudden tornado. Been trying to get away to explore the Southeast, but haven't been able to get the time. First after all the travel started a business, sold it, bought the Hummer, got a great part-time county job which gave me 4 months off a year and started planning the trip. Now though loss that job for health reasons. So take those trips when you're young. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sircode13

One common theme here...take trips when your young...I guess a warmup would be to moab :) lol

Oh yeah, still trying to see if the little woman will let me go :rolleyes: She doesn't like any shall we say serious off-roading :D:banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

TXH3T

Well I guess I'll chip in to make it less deppressing haha. Has anyone ever heard of the oregon and washington backcountry disovery routes? They are offroad routes that take around a week each and cross both states. Its on my list for this summer and seems like a good place to start your adventuring since its mapped out and all.
Washington BCDR http://www.wabdr.com/
Oregon BCDR http://www.oohva.org/Back%20Country/BCDRmain.html

DJinCO

OK, making the thread better.

Yesterday found out that my wife is having both knees replaced in few weeks. That is a good thing! She has bone-on-bone and even the knee cap is gringing bone-on-bone, so hopefully by this summer she will be better! We hope to be able to get into the mountains and walk around... looking for rocks and stuff!

Yea!:thumbs:

TXH3T

Great to hear man!! I'm glad things are looking up :thumbs: Hopefully we can organize a trip or something this summer to get you two exploring again

Kurt

I agree go do it. I grew up going on trips with my Dad across the US and Canada in a cab of a 18 wheeler, saw lots of wild stuff over the years.

One of my plans is to ship the H1 to St. John's Newfoundland drive back right across north america over 2 weeks stopping here and there...

autumn walker

One of my plans is to ship the H1 to St. John's Newfoundland drive back right across north america over 2 weeks stopping here and there...

I HIGHLY support this idea - I'm originally from St. John's, NL; it is absolutely beautiful there and the drive across the Province is a must-see.

Let me know when you're doing this, plan a stop in Halifax, NS and we will hit some trails!