• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hello From Michigan..

Pappibri

I just bought my first Hummer one month ago.. Always have loved Hummers, even more so now that I own one. Plan on doing some mods in the future, funds allowing of course.. First thing I did though was to go get some wheels and tires... A Hummer has to have some Grippers.. I went with the Goodyear Duratrac.. I have them on my Sport Trac also. Ex/Woodsmen/Logger so I am no stranger to the back roads... Here is a pic, the only thing I have added so far is the wheels and tires and front mud flaps that will come off when wheeling.. tmpphp5u8lhi.jpg

M

MUTAINT

Hello and Welcome from a fellow Michigander! Glad to see another MI guy here. If you want I'll put you on the "short list" for wheeling around here? Might have a trip going to Rocks & Valleys in Harrison, MI in February. Might want to get some UCP (under carraige protection) if you are going to wheel in MI!:cheers:

Pappibri

Thanks for the warm welcomes.. Gotta love the color, shows off the mudd better:wink: Sounds good Mutaint, put me on the list.. What are you referring to on UCP Under Carriage Protection... Could use any heads up, a wise man is always willing to listen

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to H4O from Texas and SoCal. UCP is a steel grid the bolts underneath and protects your trucks under belly. Helps when crawling over rocks, ledges, trees, etc

M

MUTAINT

I do have the plates running down the length of her underbelly...:huh:

If you have what Portagers' photo has then you already have the UCP. Take a look at his photo, see how the Tcase and Trans is protected.

CBphoto

Welcome neighbor!!! I'm in South Lyon, not far away at all. UCP (Under Carriage Protection) is an add-on to the underside of your vehicle. GM offered it as an accessory, and a few other companies produced them as after-market...basically it's two different bolt-on racks, between your frame cross-members; one protects the transmission, one protects the transfer case. Each has 3 or 4 rails running the length between frame cross-members. so the truck can slide over logs, rocks, whatever, without catching on the frame.

Pappibri

Hey close to home. I frequent your area on occasion, maybe we will run across each other sometime. Yeah I have the plates on the bottom. I am going to take a pic so you all thats wiser than me can tell me if they are GM or Aftermarket ones. Thanks again and hope too run across ya and check out your rig. Bri