• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rancho Lift Kit Bulk Order

USMC_315

So I've been playing around with this idea in my head awhile since I came across a similar post some time back. It's a stupid idea that probably will not come to fruition, but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Someone had mentioned being in talks with Rancho to get a bulk order of lift kits for the H3, but there just wasn't enough demand for them at the time to reach the breakeven point. I can't seem to find the post, so I'm not sure where they landed as far as "for sure" buyers. I've noticed more and more posts about Rancho lifts and peoples' interest in looking for used sets, so it's given me slight confidence to post this. I am putting out feelers to see how many folks are actually interested and have the means to purchase a kit.

I will only be inquiring for the front end components since there is a decent availability of larger leaf springs (OME) and extended shackles like those from Schwarttzy. I would imagine this to be less of a burden to Rancho since they won't have to remanufacture and/or ship bulky leaf springs and lower their upfront costs. I'd also assume, because of the exclusion of leaf springs, they could meet the breakeven point at a lower order number. Now, I'm just some jackass talking about what ifs, so I could totally be missing the mark on what I'm saying. Regardless, I still would like to take a chance to see if it's possible.

If you have genuine interest for a new Rancho Lift Kit, let me know by responding to this thread. Please don't say you're interested if you're not willing and able to fork up the cash. I'd hate to reach out to Rancho about a bulk order, only to cancel it because people have backed out. Share this thread with other Hummer sites or owners you know so we can get as many prospective buyers in as possible. I have no problem purchasing an extra set or two to get us over the edge if it comes down to it, since it's pretty much guaranteed to sell after being online for 12 and a half seconds. I will probably reach out to them in the next couple of weeks depending on what the interest level actually is.

Acer4LO

Similar posts to this have been made recently and nothing came of it. This was mostly on Facebook where there is a larger number of H3 owners. I love H4O, but in the past few years, the number of people commenting and contributing has gone way down. I would imagine you'll get like 5 responses here, not enough to evidence to present to Rancho.

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 6.23.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 6.23.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-01 at 6.22.49 PM.png

USMC_315

Similar posts to this have been made recently and nothing came of it. This was mostly on Facebook where there is a larger number of H3 owners. I love H4O, but in the past few years, the number of people commenting and contributing has gone way down. I would imagine you'll get like 5 responses here, not enough to evidence to present to Rancho.

I don't have Facebook, so I didn't even know there was a huge group on there. Although I guess it makes sense.

Wow, well over 100 people are interested in purchasing and Rancho doesn't care? I can't imagine those kits are that cost ineffective. Maybe we should all start a mail campaign and send them letters every week until they start producing them again haha

amrg

I saw a post on insta by phoenix hummer repair, they teased vdawgs old rancho kit amd said they will be building knuckles out of billet.

As for the ome leaf springs, afaik they are completely out of stock in the states, indefinetly, so custom leafs are gona be your only choice (or add a leaf for a colorado)

And sadly, you wont get 100 ppl to commit. Id bet 50 at the very best assuming 2K on the front end, probably less than 25 @ 4K

Last edited:

Gpcalero

I met with Rancho quite a few years ago at SEMA and they absolutely were not interested in making this kit again or even bulk orders.

The biggest concern for them was the manufacturing of the knuckles. Apparently it is a big cost for them and the process to cast the knuckles ruled this out, unfortunately. Plus it might be worse now that aluminum and steel are more expensive due to the current market.

Luckily for me, I happened to be 1 out of the 20-24ish kits that were found New-In-Box in the back of their warehouse a couple years ago and purchased it immediately. Besides PHR, there are no other options besides a torsion bar lift, or SAS ($$$).

Gunner_45

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have heard that some company (Michigan Metal Works I think) has some fabbed knuckles and tubular arms in the works.

Anyone else aware of this?

Could be an instance of hope in one hand and crap in the other......see which one fills up first.

Acer4LO

I have heard that some company (Michigan Metal Works I think) has some fabbed knuckles and tubular arms in the works.

Anyone else aware of this?

Could be an instance of hope in one hand and crap in the other......see which one fills up first.

Not just a rumor lol

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 12.05.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 12.06.12 PM.png

Gtown

Well damn, at this point getting the 4 in lift won't be insanely hard to get now on the H3.

Sledder10

Wow that is great news from MMW. The only thing missing for a complete 4" lift would then be the LCA drop brackets/crossmembers, correct?

Alpha X

I'm splitting hairs here..... Whatever they are making would be considered a lift KNUCKLE, not a lift spindle.

Lift Spindles are for 2WD vehicles. Lift Knuckles are for 4WD vehicles.
The spindle part of a lift spindle is exactly where you want your CV shaft to be.

Acer4LO

I'm splitting hairs here..... Whatever they are making would be considered a lift KNUCKLE, not a lift spindle.

Lift Spindles are for 2WD vehicles. Lift Knuckles are for 4WD vehicles.
The spindle part of a lift spindle is exactly where you want your CV shaft to be.

That's true. Oh yeah don't you still got a part of a Rancho lift kit, but not the knuckles? I remember a while ago you were asking everywhere if anyone had an extra set. If so, this could finally be your time to get the kit installed!!!

Alpha X

That's true. Oh yeah don't you still got a part of a Rancho lift kit, but not the knuckles? I remember a while ago you were asking everywhere if anyone had an extra set. If so, this could finally be your time to get the kit installed!!!

Yep, that was me looking for a knuckle. I'd still like to find a loose RH knuckle. Fortunately, I got one of the kits in that last round of 20 that Rancho sold a few years ago. I put it on my T last summer.

lfootmatt

H3 Alpha orphan orphan status sucks. Sound like pretty much any minor frontend mishap involving a Rancho lifted H3 might be it's death sentence!

Love my boy's H3 Alpha, but damn, orphan trucks suck! Just a diff bushing/bracket put it down for 2 months.

later,

Matt

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Facebook has hurt a lot of forums. The bad thing is forums are great repositories of information. Things on Facebook tend to disappear rather quickly.

Acer4LO

Facebook has hurt a lot of forums. The bad thing is forums are great repositories of information. Things on Facebook tend to disappear rather quickly.

I agree. Facebook is absolutely terrible in comparison. What I like about H4O is every thread ever posted gets archived on Google, so when you are Googling something, you can find a thread for what you are looking for. In comparison, Facebook is private. Also all the disccussion is taking place on like 10 different Hummer group pages and also personal accounts which makes it very hard to find old posts. As a result there are CONSTANT questions about 35in tires, lift kits, head units, that have been answered a dozen times. I swear the people who use Forums and people who use Facebook are 2 completly different kinds of people. Facebook has the lowest common denominator.

gearhead1161

I agree. Facebook is absolutely terrible in comparison. What I like about H4O is every thread ever posted gets archived on Google, so when you are Googling something, you can find a thread for what you are looking for. In comparison, Facebook is private. Also all the disccussion is taking place on like 10 different Hummer group pages and also personal accounts which makes it very hard to find old posts. As a result there are CONSTANT questions about 35in tires, lift kits, head units, that have been answered a dozen times. I swear the people who use Forums and people who use Facebook are 2 completly different kinds of people. Facebook has the lowest common denominator.
[emoji115][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

Alpha X

I agree 100%. FB has little value for retaining useful information.

USMC_315

So out of curiosity, what else would you need to get your hands on to make a lift work beyond what MMW is going to produce? Obviously they aren't building an entire kit, right? Regardless, I'm just waiting to tell them, "shut up and take my money". If anyone from MMW is reading this, you got one guaranteed customer right here

Kuntry

Probationary Member
So out of curiosity, what else would you need to get your hands on to make a lift work beyond what MMW is going to produce? Obviously they aren't building an entire kit, right? Regardless, I'm just waiting to tell them, "shut up and take my money". If anyone from MMW is reading this, you got one guaranteed customer right here
PHR is trying to get us a kit together that would be the full lift they r looking at options…. Spoke with them today and they are getting a lot of pushback about price but they r wanting to work with us on making sumthin happen…

atvspeed4

Curious about what MMW is actually going to produce, is it going to have exact same geometry as the rancho knuckle? What will be done for testing? As Ive mentioned in other threads, we have had the whole kit drawn up in CAD ready to go for years now but when we priced out knuckles it didnt make sense for most people.