• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New 08 Hummer H3 Owner!

TheLoneJourney

Probationary Member
Hello Everyone,

Recently just acquired a 2008 Hummer H3 with 264K miles. This was actually my dads for a while, it sat for a year as he didn't drive it, so I offered to purchase it from him. I was a little nervous about getting a vehicle with such high mileage, but the owner before him put most of the miles on it from highway driving and took very good care of it. The Hummer itself, interior looks almost brand new! The body is in near perfect condition besides the small dent in lower bumper and some faded trim. It did have a misfire, so I replaced the ignition coils and did a throttle body clean and now runs great! I have extensive mechanical knowledge as I've always worked on my own cars so fixing this thing up will be easy and parts are pretty cheap based on my research.

My plans for her is to completely go though this thing, such as suspension, brakes, etc.. replacing anything that is worn-out or old and keep it running like new! I'm a pretty picky guy and I get into the habit of just replacing stuff, that's probably why none of my cars have ever broken down lol I also don't want to modify or lift it, just want to keep it stock and reliable. I also have a friend who will do paint correction for me and add ceramic coating as red is probably one of the worst colors for fading. I'm pretty excited for my purchase and absolutely love the way this thing drives! Hopefully I can drive her over 500K miles!

h3.jpg