• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Passlock, yes another post!

bull5

Hi all,
I read a lot of posts regarding the passlock problem and looks like there are 3 solutions to fix this blody GM ****:

New passlock +reprogramming (someone say 3x10 min waiting 10 second before crank, some others 4x10 minutes, just wait 3 second before crank)
Try to clean the contacts cause the passlock have issues when the contact get oxidates
Put a resistor to bypass the sh..t

Some experience here?

Cheers

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
You can get this part:

a5e634a7c1c4f5ce93da74ed9ae4461e.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

bull5

Hi I try to clean the connector with an electric contact cleaner and aftet 1 week no more issues. Maybe just ar resistance issue the contact after years is getting oxidated?

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
There is another option as well, and it depends on how comfortable you are with it.

When I had my PCM tuned by PCM of NC i had them disable the passlock so i wouldn't ever have to deal with it.
Keep in mind my H3 sits in the garage most of the time and doesn't get drive too much outside of wheeling trips.

Exodus

I came across a youtube vid ,sorry no link, the guy was able to bypass the passlock by holding the clutch in and just hitting the key real quick. no idea if it works as i haven't had to deal with the dreaded pass lock problem ( YET )

Jeepwalker

When I had my PCM tuned by PCM of NC i had them disable the passlock so i wouldn't ever have to deal with it.
Keep in mind my H3 sits in the garage most of the time and doesn't get drive too much outside of wheeling trips.

Do you know if they can they disable Tire Pressure Monitoring too?