• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Abrams Tank Goodies

Real4WD

By trade I am an M1A2 Abrams Tank Gunner. We had a four-day weekend for MLK so I decided to polish some goodies I have collected over the years.
Below are sections of different types of spent 120mm NATO tank rounds.
From left to right: 120mm expended aft cap (think of it like left over brass from a small caliber weapon), the upper half from a HEAT round, petals from a MPAT round, and petals/penetrator from a SABOT round.
Polished Rounds.jpg
round types.jpg
MPAT Cutaway.jpg
I also polished track end connectors from every vehicle I have helped replace track on so far. They include (not in order): two M1A2 SEPV2 Abrams Main Battle Tanks, one M88A2 Armored Recovery Vehicle and one M113A3 Armored Personnel Carrier. Note: For the military buffs, the 113 pictures below has the "old" style track. The updated track is similar in design to the A2 Abrams type track pad and end connector system.
End connector 1.jpg
End Connector 2.jpg
M1A2 _EPv2_Abrams_main_battle_tank_US_United_States_Amarican_army_001.jpg
Image-1-M88A2-Hercules-Armoured-Recovery-Vehicle.jpg
1434662304329.jpg

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice. My dad retired as a Battalion Commander of a tank unit. Of course they were in the old M-60 tanks. He was amazed by the Abrahms.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
No worries, they are so far behind they would never get to you. I have two Form 4s been in almost a year now and still pending. If they farmed this stuff out to the private sector you would have approvals back in days. Unreal. They just don't want to make the process customer friendly.

Real4WD

No worries, they are so far behind they would never get to you. I have two Form 4s been in almost a year now and still pending. If they farmed this stuff out to the private sector you would have approvals back in days. Unreal. They just don't want to make the process customer friendly.

wow, that is no bueno.