• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Soon to be H3 owner, I hope?

Nikal

Hoping to pick up a 2008 H3 tomorrow. Current owner seems a little wishy washy about selling it. So if I do get it tomorrow, I’m sure I’ll participate more.

Nikal

Well as I said there will be a story. So last Saturday I went and looked at it. 2008 Alfa, Adventure, Luxury trim. They are selling it because they need a more fuel efficient car. Totally get it, as gas is $4.65+ a gallon right now, I liked what I saw. It has a few things that needed attention, but nothing more serious then leaking valve covers, looks to need the front dif bushings. Heat shield rattle. I was ready to make an offer when the son said his dad is not home and he can’t accept a price and his dad has to sign the reg over. The reason I'm talking to the son to begin with is the dad does not speak a lot of English.

So I’m thinking why did you have me drive 45 minutes to look & test drive it, if I can’t buy it?? Whatever! But later that evening I get a text with a counter offer which I agree too. I’m told I can come Monday or Tuesday to buy it, but Tuesday is better as the father is off of work that day. So again I agree and said what time? Im told I can come after work. I said I’d like to be there and on my way home before dark. He said OK.

So today I get a phone call from the son saying his dad is having second thoughts and they are both not sure if they want to sell it. WTF!?!? I asked if they got another offer and please be honest. He said no I was the only one looking at it. But they don’t know if they really want to sell it, even though they put it up for sale and we agreed on a price. So now I’m a bit pissed, but also disappointed as I thought this was a done deal.

I told him if they change their minds please call me. He said OK. I’m thinking I might wait until after Thanksgiving and give them a call back to see if I offered some more money, if that might make them want to sell it it? Pretty frustrated as this is the second one that I tried to get and has fallen through.

rascole

That sucks. Keep looking, they are out there and will be more available now in So Cal with $5+ gas. hold out and you will find the one you want. If you need help looking at one in the Long Beach area there are several of us local that can put eyes on it for you.

LagunaH1

Hold out. The right truck is out there. Don’t play their games on their terms.

The seller sounds like they are trying to do just that: Play games.

Hold your ground.

Good luck to you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikal

Well, still not a Hummer owner. Back to searching. Still can’t figure out why someone would advertise to sell their car. Then let you come see it, test drive it, then take an offer, counter the offer, and finally accept a price, then have a change of heart and decide to keep it. So weird!

My only though is, they claimed to be selling it to get something that gets better gas mileage. Maybe they could not find what they wanted with the money from the Hummer? As disappointed as I was as we had a deal, I left them in good terms and told them when they finally decide to sell it, please call me first. Which they said they would, but who knows?

Last edited: