• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rancho lift wheel fitment question

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Alright, trying to figure out a solution here. Newly installed Rancho lift and currently on stock 16" rims with 315-75/16 tires. 1.5" spacers are not sufficient as the tire is still rubbing. 1.75" might clear, 2" may be necessary.

So, two likely solutions: 2" spacers, or different 16" wheels. (3rd solution of 1" spacers with different wheels is a distant third option, but less desirable at this time).

Any leads on good 2" spacers that are available without a multi-week lead time?

Any suggestions on wheel offset/backspacing required and/or recommended 16" wheels?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I ran 1.75in spacers from Motorsport tech. They probably have a decent lead time but are hub centric and top notch in terms of quality.

I think Torres has them. Idk if he is still using them or ditched em. If he did, maybe he can sell them to you.

Alpha X

1.75" will clear. I have BORA aluminum spacers from Motorsport Tech on my truck with Rancho lift and 315/75R16 tires. Expensive, and somewhat of a lead time, but made in USA. If I bought them again, I might consider 2.0" for a little more clearance between tire and knuckle/UCA, but I have not had any issues with 1.75" spacer while wheeling or expressway driving. I believe others here also run 1.75" spacers with stock wheels or Hutchinsons. If you can manage the lead time, I'd suggest these:

BORA Spacers for Hummer H3:
https://www.motorsport-tech.com/bora.html

Last edited:

H3Hummer

I just deleted the front Sway bar for many years now, no more rubbing, no spacers need, no problems at all and mor flex off road :wink:

Backporch73

Another great question is where did you happen to find a Rancho lift lol? I've all but given up and starting to look at an SAS...but id rather the Rancho....

Romeo

I personally would suggest different wheels with the correct backspacing and eliminate the need for spacers. When I first had my Rancho lift installed I ran spacers until my new wheels arrived and after a wheeling trip at Rausch Creek, on the way home I felt like something was off. As I was pulling over my wheel was falling off and ever since then I've been scared and will avoid using spacers at all cost. I am running KMC XD wheels (not sure on the specific model but can look it up if you're interested) 16" with 4.5 backspacing and BFG KO2 37" tires.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

4speedfunk

I run 17”x9” Eagle Alloys with -11 offset. This translates to approximately 4.5” backspacing…essentially the wheel is shifted 1/4” outboard from center. This size/offset works well with the Rancho or SAS (Dana 44).

If shopping for wheels remember to check the center bore as the H3 needs a rather large one (compared to other 6-lug GM trucks). Also if you cannot find the H3 listed item in your wheel’s application, try using Toyota, Nissan, and full-size Jeep as they all share the same 6-lug bolt pattern.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Thanks. I think I'm getting the same XD wheels as Romeo. Tried steelies but they wouldn't clear the caliper. Looked at readily available spacers that work for Toyota but they have a hub flange that won't work on an H3. With the 6 week lead time on those Reno spacers that was not an option.