• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Another "New" H3 owner

TJB63

Hi All, Just recently came into possession of an H3 at a price I couldn't resist, It has a 124,000 on it and long story, But probably needs a New PCM as it is giving a PO601 Code. I knew the original owner, He passed on and his Son used it for the last 10 years, Other than needing some TLC like Fluids changed, New tires, it's in pretty good shape and for what I paid it for, I can certainly dump a little money into it. Funny, I wasn't even looking for a Hummer, But it was offered and too good to pass up, and I know for a fact it's never been off-roaded, so it hasn't been abused, just neglected a little. I don't know squat about H3's, so I'm learning, I do put the 'AM' in AMateur backyard mechanic, So it'll be a nice project to restore it back to it's former glory. Looking forward to what I can learn from here, seems like a Great site so far.

I forgot to mention - it's an 06 with a rear Locker and Monsoon system.

Thanks for listening to my babble.

Last edited:

08H3

Enjoy your H3. That code can be caused by PCM voltage issues. Battery terminals on the H3 are problematic so that could be the source. Not saying it is, bit don't invest in a new PCM before checking some simple things.