• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Got an Fj

fowlken8

So. I change vehicles so often. Buy and sell, buy and sell.

I finally got an Fj cruiser like I’ve always wanted. I’m happy with some things, unhappy with others.

As far as the Toyota, mentally I feel a higher sense of reliability. I’m not worried about a passlock failure or the other random issues I’ve had with my past hummers. The engine feels much more powerful than my previous I5. The ride is a lot smoother as well for some reason. Coils I’d assume.

Comfort….maybe a tie? I’ve never had an uncomfortable car seat before. Space…..hummer h3 is better, a lot. I love the suicide doors but the rear leg room is not good and i cannot carry tall passengers comfortably.

Style. I love the hummer. I’ve always wanted an Fj. Maybe a tie but I feel manlier in a h3 whatever that means. Rear cargo area….hummer hummer hummer. I didn’t think 5 inches each way would make a difference but my Great Dane is not happy in the Fj and that bugs me.

Mpg….surprisingly I feel like the H3 was better. Weird.

I’m loving my time with my Toyota, but I’m afraid I’ll be on the lookout for an H3 alpha. More room and more power with similar mpg. The size difference is surprising!

So…if any of you have a rancho lifted alpha on 35s and want to test the Fj….let me know. Maybe a title for title trade. I just passed 100k miles. Rear locker. Pristine interior. 3 inch coil over lift. New wheels and tires. B0CE955C-81D2-4806-8E05-02A872DC4154.jpeg

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Interesting take. I've not driven one but I did look at them briefly when I shopped the H3. They do well off road and have great aftermarket support.

1claire

Congratulations on this purchase. I love the accessories attached to this Cruiser. Correct me if I'm wrong, this SUV runs a set of American Force wheels. I've seen that design in places like 4wheelonline before. I'm not sure about the model, but I know that it's an AF wheel because of the star mark.