• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

37" tire opinions.

rascole

Moving up to 37" tires soon. Ordered a set of BFG KM3 from 4 Wheel but they are 5-6 months back ordered. So if they are not available when I need them here are a few options I am considering in the same price range. Who has opinions on these? My H3 is not a daily driver and is a trail only rig now.
[h=1]Pro Comp Xtreme M/T 2[/h][h=1]Toyo Open Country M/T[/h][h=1]Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3[/h][h=1]Dick Cepek Extreme Country[/h]

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I run the pro comp extreme m/t 2. No complaints. Seemed to work well here in the muddy stuff as well as the rocks out west.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

atvspeed4

Was not a fan of the Toyo MT in Moab. They get raving reviews from diesel guys for long lasting and that is due to a really hard rubber. We have 37" km2s load range D on one of our rigs and they have been pretty great so far on the rocks just not the mud. We have 37" superswamper irok NDs load range E on another one of our rigs and they have lasted a long time but not as good in the rocks. I really like the ride offroad and on with load range D. I find that they conform better when crawling. I think for our dedicated trail rig our next set is going to be maxxis trepadors 37s but out of the ones you picked above I would choose the procomps

jimmy p

Discount tire shows the km3s in stock in 37x13.5x17s. They list at over $500 each but they price matched 4wd for me when I emailed them. I am deciding between the km3 and toyos right now. I am finding it is hard to find good reviews and compares because few people actually run different tires back to back in the same conditions.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

amrg

Thats abit expensive! Ive got my 37x12.5r17 C rated KM3s for $300 a piece here in Qatar.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Be sure to look at the weight of each tire as well, especially since you're running the I5 (for now). Toyos, I believe, are traditionally heavier tires and harder to get moving (and stopping) vs. a lighter tire.

jimmy p

Good point, the toyos are 13 lbs each heavier than the k03s in the size I mentioned above. I also noticed the toyos are a half inch taller and a full inch wider than the k03s according to the specs so that is something to consider.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rascole

well it's settled. 4Wheel Parts called me yesterday to let me know my beadlocks were in. When I was there they were looking for what other tires would be in stock. Struck up a good conversation with one of the managers and long story short our sons had a lot in common. I ended up with fresh off the truck BFG KM3's, (tire build date is 20/21),12.5" instead of 13.5". For some reason the 13.5" was $50 cheaper than the 12.5" which is the main reason I didn't get those. He gave them to me for the same price and away I went, just need to bring the H3 back for a picture when it's done. Customer service was awesome.

1claire

Be sure to share your experience with KM3 tires for future reference. A lot of my friends love BF Goodrich tires, but they are not a fan of its tread life. I'm curious about the difference between KM3 and KM2 tires.

Last edited: