• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

B0790 & B2725 Codes Help

StandoutAlpha

B0790 & B2725 Codes Help [SOLVED]

[SOLVED] <-----------------------
**Had 2 wires mismatch and plug in wrong**

After removing my whole dash to replace the AC Evaporator Core and putting it back. SERVICE 4WD comes up on the cluster. Using my BlueDriver OBD scan tool/app.

Codes show up:
B0790
B2725

Already replaced the 4x4 selector switch to a NEW one but codes still remain even If I clear them it comes back.
Amber light on the 4x4 switch stays on 4HI LOCK and it blinks/flashes really fast and also cannot switch to other modes. *See picture circle in red*
Another thing is that the 4x4 switch doesn't lit up/illuminate the passenger seat belt or airbag on/off light *See picture circle in blue*

What is wrong here? Did I miss a ground wire somewhere or my Transfer Case Control Module needs a reprogram since I unplugged it when I removed the whole dash?

175172702_520733352622934_9019591216622676226_n.jpg174537848_520733392622930_661465462283447641_n.jpg20210522_101507.jpg20210522_101541.jpg20210522_101604.jpg

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Any updates? My only guess is that the switch panel got fried. Seems to be a likely culprit with all of the issues contained to the same panel.

StandoutAlpha

I was told that once the Transfer Case Control Module is unplug then it'll need to be reprogram again to the vehicle for it to work again.
I plan to do that next to see if that'll fix the codes before buying all these new parts if not needed. Already bought a brand new 4x4 selector switch and that didn't fix the problem...

Jeff V.

The transfer case module doesn't need to be reprogrammed. I had my dash out for the same reason as you, and there were no faults when it was all back together. Everything worked normally. My guess would be a pinched wire or a damaged terminal in a connector somewhere.

StandoutAlpha

So I noticed that since my H3 had the Service 4WD light on sometimes the speedometer lags and the transmission doesn't shift gears. When driving from 0mph-15mph the speedometer doesn't move at all until I reach about 20mph then it jumps up to at 20mph after that sometimes the transmission don't even shift into the next gear like I'm stuck at that current gear until coming to a complete stop and then going forward again and it goes back to normal.

**I have no other codes other then the 2 I posted here in this thread**
**My transmission was newly rebuilt just a few months ago and the fluid is at the correct amount**
**I also change out the transfer case speed sensor to a new one and still having the same problem**

Do yall think the Service 4WD light is the cause that problem?

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I doubt that the service 4WD light is tied to the transmission issues, at least not directly, but perhaps they have a common root cause. I'm with Jeff V on the root cause.

07H3SOFLO

Probationary Member
Turns out I had 2 wires mismatch plugged in wrong. Now its back to normal and working again.

Sorry to bring back this old thread, but I’m having the exact same issues and same symptoms as you Where exactly was the wire mismatch? Was it behind the connections that plug into the 4WD Switch?

StandoutAlpha

Sorry to bring back this old thread, but I’m having the exact same issues and same symptoms as you Where exactly was the wire mismatch? Was it behind the connections that plug into the 4WD Switch?

Those plug on the 4wd switch is color coded and is one way plug only. I remember the tech said something about that I plugged a 6v wire into the 12v wire and the 12v wire into the 6v wire. So the 12v wire didn't had enough power to power the 4wd switch. **Check the silver wire its like the RCA end connector if you know what i mean that's the only wire I can really think of because all the other wires are color coded and connects one way only. That silver wire also has (two plug ins or connections) so I'm assuming that's the wire the tech was talking about. The tech didn't show me he just told me about the two wire miss connected. Hope this helps..

H3Hummer

Sad to read that, but the only thing i did when this signal tunes on was, replace the 4x4 plastic shift fork inside the T Case with the aluminum one, change the oil filter from the oil pump inside the T case. Cleared the code and it never turned back since then.

I had also the traction fail light who cam on then off again. Checked the code and it seems like my back light was bad.
Changed that damn light and wow.... traction fail was gone????? nver came back.... bull**** those gremlins lights