• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

There's something weird about my wheel well...

USMC_315

Hey guys, while out with Bowser-II and WANNAVEE I noticed my front passenger wheel well looked a lot different than the other guys. WANNAVEE also has an '09 Alpha engine (Championship Ed) but ours still looked different. The top picture is what my wheel well looks like directly behind that triangular end piece and the bottom is of WANNAVEE's. It seems like this should be the place for the air intake, however I got nothing. Interestingly, the rest of the wheel well looks factory and fits quite well. The only reason I question what may have happened is because a few years back, I had a minor front end collision that required the wheel well and front fender to be replaced. Does this seem like the wrong part was installed or is this how the Alpha is supposed to look down there? Any answers from other Alpha owners or pics would be of great help

My Wheel Well:
IMG_0798.JPG

WANNAVEE's Wheel Well:
IMG_0799.JPG

atvspeed4

Hey guys, while out with Bowser-II and WANNAVEE I noticed my front passenger wheel well looked a lot different than the other guys. WANNAVEE also has an '09 Alpha engine (Championship Ed) but ours still looked different. The top picture is what my wheel well looks like directly behind that triangular end piece and the bottom is of WANNAVEE's. It seems like this should be the place for the air intake, however I got nothing. Interestingly, the rest of the wheel well looks factory and fits quite well. The only reason I question what may have happened is because a few years back, I had a minor front end collision that required the wheel well and front fender to be replaced. Does this seem like the wrong part was installed or is this how the Alpha is supposed to look down there? Any answers from other Alpha owners or pics would be of great help

My Wheel Well:
View attachment 27283

WANNAVEE's Wheel Well:
View attachment 27284

The 2009s have different wheel well liner design than earlier models. Looks like they used a older liner in yours. I like the fitment and how well it is secured better on our 2009 than older models

WANNAVEE

Actually the bottom pic is Bowser II, but my '09 CE does look the same. His is a '10 w/3.7.
Interesting. I thought all H3's had that bumper hole routed into the fender, didn't realize it was an 09-10 only thing.

amrg

My 06 has the shorter version, the 09 has the longer one which allows more airflow into the fender and intake.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jimmy p

My 06 has the shorter version, the 09 has the longer one which allows more airflow into the fender and intake.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I learned something new today! Thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gpcalero

Didn't know that!

Just checked mine, it has the full opening covered also. '09 Alpha T.

But interestingly enough, I'm missing the wind deflector strip that appears to be coming off of the bottom picture. Odd that I never noticed it.

650Hawk

Wow, that is interesting. So the '09 actually uses the opening in the front lower bumper as an air intake into the inner fender area. I like it!