• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

4:1 Transfer Case Availability

08H3

Just a heads up for anyone considering buying a 4:1 transfer case, I think they are probably out of production and will likely be gone soon. This is only my best guess, but I just purchased a spare and the manufacture date was 2017. Being that far back, I'm guessing there are just a few sitting around in SPO warehouses.

08H3

GM Parts Direct (gmpartsdirect.com), however I was extremely unhappy with the way it was shipped. It came in a cardboard box with paper packing. All the fluid leaked out in transit and made a huge mess. It was a completely unacceptable way to ship a 100 pound item. Even though it will cost more, I'd probably buy it from your local dealer. It will come banded on a skid.

Besides this order, I've always been happy with GMPD. If you do want to buy from them, I would call them and tell them you want it shipped freight as it came from SPO. Feel free to mention my experience and tell them you won't buy from them if they are going to skimp on shipping as they did in my case. They are well aware of my displeasure and am pretty sure they wouldn't want a repeat.

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't think that was a dealer specific issue on the packaging. I know Zach stopped shipping transfer cases for this same reason.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

08H3

I don't think that was a dealer specific issue on the packaging. I know Zach stopped shipping transfer cases for this same reason.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Could be, but I still maintain it was not an acceptable way to ship it. They need to do what Zach did in that case and just stop offering them for shipment.