Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I tap out

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,356 Times in 1,115 Posts
    My F350 dually crew cab long bed has stock Michelin tires on it and gets better mileage than my wife's F250 with the Toyos. Both 6.7 diesels.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE
    1990 1025 Armament Carrier

KJ6JCC

BlackSheep Hummer Squadron, H1 PsychoSquad

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Iím not going to pull enough to justify diesel so Iíve settled on the 7.3L; my only real question is 4.30 gearing versus 3.73 (which requires F350 to get 3.73). Iím heavily leaning to 4.30s since Iíll be ready for 35s already but with the 10-speed the 3.73 would honestly be more than enough for me while getting pretty stellar fuel economy for the size of the truck and engine.

Decisions decisions

All Terrain
    Thanks
    My front end was popping too bur stopped after replacing the front dif bushings.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MilamJR View Post
    My front end was popping too bur stopped after replacing the front dif bushings.

I think I did too much at once, I wrecked the truck March 20í and I think it started after that? And then in April Ď20 I rebuilt both diffs, regeared and did the front diff bushings.

Did YOU actually do the work replacing the bushings? If so I have a question on the tolerance of the lower bushings.

The only other thing I can think is that I have one inner tierod thatís original, it feels tight but several years ago, iirc, it started popping so I shot it with grease and it went quiet, likely forgot about it since it wasnít making noise. It feels tight but maybe when itís moving the weight of the truck at low speeds it gives a little. I hate to replace something thatís quiet and tight, but who knows.

I donít know, this truck is just a hotbed of mystery issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Terrain
    Thanks
    4wheel parts installed the bushings so I don't know the clearances. I ordered the ones from Outfitter Design. Good luck in solving the puzzle.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    So let me not jump to conclusions as I have the last 3 times I made this announcement.

But I found a major source of water intake into the cabin, hopefully it is THE source.

The pictures below show the cowl removed with the removable cover for the A/C system up, and then moved. I looked in this spot for the water troubles in case the sunroof drain was exiting into the air box some how, instead I found that it was routed seemingly appropriate away from the air intake box. I also hosed the area around the box to check for leaks and it remained dry on the interior

What I did notice is that the lid for the intake, shown in the lifted up position - had a very weak rubber seal that has begun degrading. Reattaching this cover I hosed down the area and started watching the interior, lo and behold the water started coming into the interior

Once I stopped the hose flow I again removed the lid and the water box was filled with water.

I believe the lid is not sealed and allowing water to drip down into the air box. I will be RTVing the air box shut to prevent future leaks

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Forgot picsName:  IMG_7531.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  2.93 MB
    Name:  IMG_7534.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  2.60 MB

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Iwillnc For This Useful Post:

3Hummers (10-12-2021)

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    ( spare transfer case, roof handles, grille, grill guard ) I would definitely be interested in those items ,depending on where you are ??

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwillnc View Post
    So let me not jump to conclusions as I have the last 3 times I made this announcement.

But I found a major source of water intake into the cabin, hopefully it is THE source.

The pictures below show the cowl removed with the removable cover for the A/C system up, and then moved. I looked in this spot for the water troubles in case the sunroof drain was exiting into the air box some how, instead I found that it was routed seemingly appropriate away from the air intake box. I also hosed the area around the box to check for leaks and it remained dry on the interior

What I did notice is that the lid for the intake, shown in the lifted up position - had a very weak rubber seal that has begun degrading. Reattaching this cover I hosed down the area and started watching the interior, lo and behold the water started coming into the interior

Once I stopped the hose flow I again removed the lid and the water box was filled with water.

I believe the lid is not sealed and allowing water to drip down into the air box. I will be RTVing the air box shut to prevent future leaks

Good find Iím gonna check it