• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tpms

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I had the guy who did my V8 swap harness years ago reach out to me asking if there was a VIN that didn’t use TPMS? I’m assuming it’s another H3 guy doing a V8.

Was there ever an H3 without TPMS? He mentioned maybe there were overseas models with out them.

Thanks!

Lauren

I have a V8 manufactured in SA.. I don't seem to have tyre pressure sensors.. haha.. but I've got the warning light on my dash that would tell me if there is a problem, its never lit up though, only when I start the car it flashes with everything else..

I'm the second owner of this H3 though so I don't know if the previous owner removed/lost the sensors or they got stolen when they went for a tyre change or whatever.. I just know I've never had them.

Is there something else I can do to check for you?

I'm not a mechanic or anything but I'll do my best :giggle:

650Hawk

I have a V8 manufactured in SA.. I don't seem to have tyre pressure sensors.. haha.. but I've got the warning light on my dash that would tell me if there is a problem, its never lit up though, only when I start the car it flashes with everything else..

I'm the second owner of this H3 though so I don't know if the previous owner removed/lost the sensors or they got stolen when they went for a tyre change or whatever.. I just know I've never had them.

Is there something else I can do to check for you?

I'm not a mechanic or anything but I'll do my best :giggle:
If the sensors are not there (or batteries are dead), the TPMS system would be showing SERV TPMS on the DIC. Since that isn't happening, then your SA H3 must have never had the system.

atvspeed4

If the sensors are not there (or batteries are dead), the TPMS system would be showing SERV TPMS on the DIC. Since that isn't happening, then your SA H3 must have never had the system.

That would be a really cool discovery if that is the case. Since we are running load range E 37s on most of our H3s (km2s are D) we run lower than factory pressure. The lowest the tech2 will let you set is 26psi for 2006-2008ish and 2009-2010 28 psi.

Lauren

Oh so I must not have the system!

So we didn't get OnStar or TPMS, but we got the extra cooling fan at the front of the engine bay.. I wonder what else is different!

Lauren

That would be a really cool discovery if that is the case. Since we are running load range E 37s on most of our H3s (km2s are D) we run lower than factory pressure. The lowest the tech2 will let you set is 26psi for 2006-2008ish and 2009-2010 28 psi.

wait.. so you can't go below 26psi without your TPMS light coming on?

If not, then I guess that reinforces that I don't have the system because when we go into the desert, we go down to like 10-15psi and I never get any warnings or lights on the dash

amrg

Not tpms on SA models. They Probably thought we can check our tires without any help (jk)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk