• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

First rifle?

LagunaH1

I did :-D

The 2nd rifle is a Browning X Bolt Max Long Range chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. It has a stock with a much better grip, and adjustable chin rest. I have mounted the scope and am waiting for an additional lens from scopeaid.com to arrive, so I don't have to wear my prescription glasses while shooting. The new rifle is noticeably heavier than the first, I assume due to the MUCH thicker barrel.

LagunaH1

So I *finally* got the 6.5 Creedmoor out to the rifle range today. I have to say: It is *much* easier to shoot than the 300 Win Mag.

2CAD8C01-9110-4C50-8D35-7D4CA257D97A_1_201_a.jpeg

Here are the 7 groups I shot at 100 yards after first having shot a couple of groups at about 50 yards to get the scope dialed in

I'm particularly happy with groups 2 and 3.

Must practice more! This is too much fun!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I knew you would like the 6.5 Creedmoor. I need to get to the range more. I belong to the three different ranges, the closest has a 100 yard indoor range which makes shooting on the cold/windy days much nicer.

LagunaH1

I was real happy to see that I got a pretty good zero on the rifle & scope yesterday. On the shots where I shot best, the round impacted the target *exactly* at the crosshairs at 100 yards.

Next, I want to practice how I hold the rifle, breathing and trigger squeeze.

LagunaH1

Burro Canyon Shooting Park, near Azusa.

The drive there is pretty annoying, but once you are there, it's nice enough. Usually not a lot of people and the staff is pretty helpful.