• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

RCV CV axles

jakesz28

Last edited:

blubullett

Probationary Member
Extremely interesting. The only question is if they fit the H3 like the GM performance parts axles do? Who wants to take the plunge and buy a set to find out?

jakesz28

Most guys go through CV's fastet then the dif.

I have a stock ZR2 CV axle here and H3 CV. I think they are interchangeable. Need to take a better measurement though.

blubullett

Probationary Member
Most guys go through CV's fastet then the dif.

I have a stock ZR2 CV axle here and H3 CV. I think they are interchangeable. Need to take a better measurement though.

Guy just yaking on and on about trying the ZR2 GMPP axles: (192) Hummer H3 heavy duty Half shafts from Chevy performance parts!! - YouTube
Guy says they fit but who knows how they performed and still worked while wheeling: (192) 2009 Hummer H3 championship edition with ZR2 Chevy Performance HD Front half axles - YouTube

So the ZR2 GMPP axles bolt up. Is there anything else that could be an issue? Suspension cycling? Also, if the GMPP ZR2 axles fit then the RCV ones should too right? I would ask him but comments are turned off in his videos. Anyone know him? Or can anyone look him up on Instagram or Facebook? I have neither.

jakesz28

A stock AC Delco CV for a ZR2 is 3/8" of an inch longer. This is compressed and extended. Now I wonder if the H3 fully compresses the CV or if it could handle the longer length? The shaft diameter on a stock ZR2 CV axle is 1.200" and is .075" thicker than a stock replacement H3 CV axle. Which measures 1.125".

jakesz28

The housing on a ZR2 inside CV joint measures 4" outside diameter. On a H3 the housing outside diameter is 3.75". So I assume the rest of the CV should be a little stronger.

amrg

Me too, a slightly upgraded stock axle that fits an H3 is welcome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk