• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Who has the hook up?

jakesz28

Well, should have just started cutting. I am sure that will happen since this is no longer a daily and sits more than it is driven. Cast iron front dif housing is shipped, ordered it last night. Now I just ordered the front Eaton locker. Now I need gears, installation kit, and parts from a donor front differential. I would like to keep my stock housing in tact because it has not failed me yet. Would be nice to keep as a spare for when the new one dies.

Now what CV's seem to hold up and not break the bank? Going to a full front end rebuild most likely. 100,000 miles and 14 years on it. Not to mention Iowa salt riddled winters.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
All of the parts are available to build a CI front diff with locker; it's just not available as an assembly. I ordered from a variety of sources including a GM dealer, Summit, Amazon. For the CV axles I used GM ones as they are much better than the Cardones, etc.

This was my list
Bearing kit, USA Gear. USA Standard Gear (ZK GM7.5-A) Master Overhaul Kit for GM 7.5" Differential $60 (incorrect pinion bearings included. Look for a 7.625 IFS bearing kit if you want kit with correct pinion bearings)
Outer pinion bearing 9417784 $39
Inner pinion bearing 22510042 $35
Pinion bearing crush sleeve $13 (included in USA Gear kit)
Breather connector 15876530 $8
Drain plug (can be reused from alum diff) 92230583 $12
Front differential pinion seal 12479267 $13
Yukon ring and pinion, (YG GM7.5-456) High Performance Ring and Pinion Gear Set for GM 7.5" Differential $261
Bracket 25933550 $3

Reusing from aluminum diff:
Diff cover
Yoke
Axle tubes & axles

jakesz28

Alex, I found some part numbers from gmparts direct for the cast iron housing and electric locker. Got those ordered. Then I found your build when reloader built yours. Using that for the rest of the parts. Just waiting to make sure the locker ships. I received a shipped notice for the cast iron housing. It seems the housing a locker are out of stock in a bunch of places. Probably no longer being manufactured. Or made in small batches. The price on the electric locker is going up.

What CV shafts are people getting to hold up? Are GM ones really lasting longer?

I want to find a donor axle for parts so I can leave mine assembled as a spare.

amrg

Dont cheap out on the cvs. GM/ac delco are the way to go, the others fail and fail and fail. Lifetime warranty isnt great when you have to keep paying for labor everytime you need to replace the part.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jakesz28

Well just bought a complete donor differential or carrier, what ever you want to call it. You can't find a complete exploded view on gmpartsdirect.com any more. After CJ shared a complete exploded view it was obvious I needed the donor.

Have tracking numbers for the cast iron housing 25831502 and eaton locker 25800300. Both will are supposed to be here Tuesday.

jakesz28

AC DELCO 25831502 cast iron carrier 380
AC DELCO 25800300 Eaton Locker 650
AC DELCO 88964494 yoke 60
AC DELCO 12479248 cover 40
AC DELCO 25933550 locker tab 4
AAM 74010004 master install kit 300
AAM 74067006 basic bearing kit
Yukon YG GM7.5-456 ring & pinion 220

donor junk yard diferential 500

Comes in at approx $2200

Last edited:

jakesz28

Everything I ordered from RockAuto came in. Ordered 3 parts from gmpartsdirect. They still have not shipped. Biggest hang up is the bracket to stop the locker coil from turning.