• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Torque App Transmission Temp I5 3.7L

ericemir

Hi everyone, been reading a ton on the tran temp code but I see tons of threads on the alpha H3.

I have a 09 H3 I5 3.7L and the GM method 1 reads 32° all the time and doesn't change.

Is this because I torque configured incorrectly?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

JPaul

Same transmission for the 3.7 and the V8 so the codes should work for either. My Ultragauge has been used between my old 3.7 and my current Alpha and I didn't have to do anything different between the two, both reported the trans temperature ok.

amrg

Check this
f79fe4a81799d0922cd21d970dc78682.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ericemir

Yea that looks like exactly what I have. It only reads 32.
28620386acaddfca5bf871661327919f.jpg

ericemir

Deciphering the txd code I used

07E2 as the header

221940 for the obd code

Also tried 22194001 and 2219401

Resulted in either nothing or the same 32°

Alpha X

After you made the change, did you try turning off the vehicle, then restart? This might be necessary to let the communication restart and read new code.

4Lo-Tank

Hi everyone, been reading a ton on the tran temp code but I see tons of threads on the alpha H3.

I have a 09 H3 I5 3.7L and the GM method 1 reads 32° all the time and doesn't change.

Is this because I torque configured incorrectly?

If your torque app is figured correctly, its your bluetooth adapter. I used to have the same problem because i bought a cheap adapter off amazon. For some reason certain signals dont work correctly. I bought a new one for like 50 instead of 10 and it worked fine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ericemir

If your torque app is figured correctly, its your bluetooth adapter. I used to have the same problem because i bought a cheap adapter off amazon. For some reason certain signals dont work correctly. I bought a new one for like 50 instead of 10 and it worked fine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What's a good brand scanner prefer bluetooth