• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

PID Codes

JohnS

Probationary Member
I have a 2006 H3 and I have a bluetooth OBD reader that I am trying to set up gauges on my tablet. Does anybody have oil pressure, oil temp codes? I downloaded GM codes off of the Torque app and to no avail did I find what I am looking for.

Thanks,
JS

scoreh3

I’m guessing you have an I5 motor. The I5 doesn’t have an oil pressure switch. There are posts on here how to add an oil pressure switch and gauge.

JohnS

Probationary Member
Correct with the i5....could you help me find those threads regarding? I did searches and I havnt found the right "keyword" I guess..

JPaul

Oil temp is calculated by the PCM, it's not a direct reading. It's fairly accurate, but not 100%. I5 has an oil pressure switch, not an oil pressure sensor. I went with a MaxTow electric oil pressure gauge when I had my 2008 I5 since the sender it uses is OEM quality and much smaller than the one shown in that thread. Even on my Alpha where the V8 does have an oil pressure sensor I still went with a separate MaxTow gauge so that I would always have a large indicator of oil pressure. Plus since the 5.3's sensor is in the head it reads lower than the MaxTow which is plumbed off the bypass plate which is right be the filter.