• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

OEM Fuel Door Cover Missing Template

SoCalH3

I bought an OEM Chrome Fuel Door from a seller on Ebay. Just received it and it doesn't have the drill template that is supposed to be included.

The last one available sold right after I bought mine. I haven't been able to find it available anywhere else online.

I know its a stretch, but would't suppose anyone that has installed the same fuel door happens to still has the drill template that I could use???

Has anyone installed without a template? I have read that the 19/64 drill is important and not to fudge with 5/16. So sounds like there isn't much room for error to get a good fit.

My other thought is making a template off the plastic posts that are inserted. Probably could make a template out of plastic to get a precise fit.

Thanks

Last edited:

SoCalH3

Reading through reviews on Amazon for the same item (no longer available), one comment says that it uses the same holes already drilled for the existing fuel set up without the door. Is that correct? If so its a non-issue obviously.

Last edited:

Happy Hummer

When I put my sweeties door cover/assembly on for her, we had NO template or directions. Just had to wing it. Thankfully it turned out well. Honestly it has been so long ago I don't even remember the steps taken lol.

SoCalH3

No doubt, it has probably been 10+ years since many installed these!

My first two H3's came with it already installed. Hate having the standard dust collector bin whenever I hit the trails. Hopefully they have the same five hole pattern, that would make it easy.