Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
    Super Swamper
    Thanks

Harbor Freight Dust Collector

Hey guys!

I was shopping on-line for a dust collector for my show and everyone says that the Harbor Freight unit is by far the best value. The problem is they don't ship this item (let alone internationally).

I know it's a long shot, but what are the chances that I could get one of you to ship one out to me

https://www.harborfreight.com/power-...tor-97869.html

Cheers,
    Mike
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
    Hey guys!

I was shopping on-line for a dust collector for my show and everyone says that the Harbor Freight unit is by far the best value. The problem is they don't ship this item (let alone internationally).

I know it's a long shot, but what are the chances that I could get one of you to ship one out to me

https://www.harborfreight.com/power-...tor-97869.html

Cheers,
    Mike
    You try Princess Auto? Princess Auto usually stocks the same stuff in Canada as Harbor Freight, here is a similar spec unit at $449 Canadian https://www.princessauto.com/en/sear...dust+collector

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    You should come down to Moab for the annual trip and pick one up on the way back.
    2008 H3 Alpha

"Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils." - General John Stark

N1JPA

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    You should come down to Moab for the annual trip and pick one up on the way back.
    I would love to! Not sure it's in the cards this year... the boarder is closed between the US and Canada now Until Dec 21st and they keep extending it. I wouldn't be surprised if it is not lifted until summer at this rate

The stupid thing is I could fly down, just not drive down...
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    You try Princess Auto? Princess Auto usually stocks the same stuff in Canada as Harbor Freight, here is a similar spec unit at $449 Canadian https://www.princessauto.com/en/sear...dust+collector
    Great suggestion, I looked there this week in person and they didn't have any in store... should have just looked on-line!

There is another option to me that I can buy locally: https://www.kmstools.com/king-indust...llector-102672

I just did the currency conversion and by the time I paid for shipping and the taxes and duties I might as well just buy locally as you suggest
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RamRod View Post
    Great suggestion, I looked there this week in person and they didn't have any in store... should have just looked on-line!

There is another option to me that I can buy locally: https://www.kmstools.com/king-indust...llector-102672

I just did the currency conversion and by the time I paid for shipping and the taxes and duties I might as well just buy locally as you suggest
    When I was in BC and Newfoundland for a bit in 2014/2015, I found Princess Auto to be the .. product equivalent of Harbor Freight with many of the same/similar items, just slightly different branding, but with the bonus of Princess Auto stocking the Canadian made sceptre MFC fuel cans which are really hard to get down there.

When I moved from BC back to California , I took half a pickup load of MFC's with me..for various folks.

Declared them at customs and they didn't even care, they just waved it through.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt For This Useful Post:

RamRod (11-26-2020)

Low Profile
    Thanks
    What makes those fuel cans so desirable?

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    When I was in BC and Newfoundland for a bit in 2014/2015, I found Princess Auto to be the .. product equivalent of Harbor Freight with many of the same/similar items, just slightly different branding, but with the bonus of Princess Auto stocking the Canadian made sceptre MFC fuel cans which are really hard to get down there.

When I moved from BC back to California , I took half a pickup load of MFC's with me..for various folks.

Declared them at customs and they didn't even care, they just waved it through.
    Oh I have a few of those
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff V. View Post
    What makes those fuel cans so desirable?
    They are built real tough.
    They are the only fuel can permitted to fly inside of an aircraft, so they can go inside your SUV if you don't have a spot for them without sinking or gassing you out. They float on water if they fall out of a boat (even when full).
    They have a large attachable spout that allows to you drain the whole 5 gallons in approx 50 seconds.

The main downside is that the cap can get extremely hard to remove, so much so that I carry a strap wrench with them so I can get enough leverage (you can buy a special tool that does the same thing)
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    If anyone is interested I am sure I can pick up a few and ship them south of the boarder without issue
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

Low Profile
    Thanks
    That's cool. I might have to try to run over to Windsor the next time I'm in the Detroit area.