• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Official weight of ARB H3 front bumper

Jeff V.

I've been curious how much the front bumper on my 09 weighs. I'd searched around the internet and found a wide range of numbers. From 150 to almost 500 lbs. Nobody seemed to have an 'official' answer, so I emailed ARB to find out.

The rep didn't have a precise number bumper alone, but I think this is close enough. Shipping weight including a pallet and other packaging is 235 lbs. The rep said he subtracted the weight of the pallet, and that gets us to approximately 185 lbs for the bumper by itself.

That's close enough for me.

Jeepwalker

I don't have a good number but they're heavy (depending what yours is). 500lbs sounds kind of high. But throw a winch on it and *boom* you need to think about the suspension and stress on other parts of the vehicle.

amrg

I asked another guy the other day and he said it was 220lb with the winch

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sennin

I asked another guy the other day and he said it was 220lb with the winch

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

correct, with a 9500lb inch fitted I could barely lift the bar on my own. opted to change out the cable on the winch to synthetic rope, and the V8 suspension seems to handle the weight pretty well after adjusting the torsion bars