• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

long side storage box and snugtop

clickclickboom

Does anyone know if you the long OEM side storage box will fit in the bed with the snugtop? Looks like the box would interfere with the hinges, but not 100% sure. Anyone tried it?

Talking about these boxes:

hummerh3tstorageboxfulllengthsema.jpg

Alpha X

I cannot answer your question with 100% certainly, but check out this picture. It appears that the hinge, when closed, would remain horizontal from it's lower mounting point. That mounting point looks to be above where the box mounts to the side rail. As an alternative, maybe the box could be spaced off the rail if the opened lid hits the opened snugtop hinge.

s-l1600-7.jpg

clickclickboom

The hinges definitely go below the rail when closed - really one of my main gripes with the top, always hitting those damn hinges on things when you have a truck full of gear. Wasn't sure if they'd happen to slide behind the box or not.

RamRod

The hinges definitely go below the rail when closed - really one of my main gripes with the top, always hitting those damn hinges on things when you have a truck full of gear. Wasn't sure if they'd happen to slide behind the box or not.

I can confirm that those boxes and the Snug Top does will not mix.

I don't know what I like less about the topper:
- That the height of the T box is drastically limited by the design of the topper
- That the hinges are a royal pain in the a$$ when you are trying to load up the box with a bunch of stuff

clickclickboom

Thanks RamRod, that confirms my suspicions. Agree on the topper, hinges easily have to be the worse part. No clue why they didn't design it to just use the gas struts to pick it up instead of those damn hinges.