• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

shope

Probationary Member
Hey guys, new member here! Picked up a really low mile 05 H2 SUT Adventure Pkg (45k miles) few months back. Dad had an 03 and 04 back in the day when I was a kid and I always thought they were SO cool. Anyways, mods have started and have been contemplating on overlanding my rig. Wondering if you guys that have done it can give some feedback to me on what to expect or plan for. I am planning to run a different wheel/tire setup for the trails :)

Mods:
Kryptonite Stage 3 level w/ Fox Shocks, Tie Rod Ends & End Links
37x13.50r24 AMP M/T
24x12 Vision Rockers
Tint
LED Conversion
Black out on chrome accessories
Warn 10k Winch
AFE CAI
Flowmaster FlowFX axleback
HPTuners street tune

Attachments

• H2 6.jpg
    H2 6.jpg
    766.3 KB · Views: 135
  • H2 4.JPG
    H2 4.JPG
    382.3 KB · Views: 145
  • H2 5.JPG
    H2 5.JPG
    316 KB · Views: 151
  • H2 2.JPG
    H2 2.JPG
    398.4 KB · Views: 121

MilamJR

Congratulations and I think you are off to a good start. Personally I prefer a smaller wheel size for airing down and less risk of damaging on a rock. Are you planning to go with a ground tent or RTT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shope

Probationary Member
Def would get a smaller wheel. I sold the stocks few months back when I upgraded. Wishing I woulda kept them now lol. I will prolly snag another set of stocks and run the 37s again. Ground tent for now, Dont want to get too carried away with it until I know for sure its what I wanna do. Recently became a father, so I'm trying to find new hobbies for the fam.

MilamJR

Def would get a smaller wheel. I sold the stocks few months back when I upgraded. Wishing I woulda kept them now lol. I will prolly snag another set of stocks and run the 37s again. Ground tent for now, Dont want to get too carried away with it until I know for sure its what I wanna do. Recently became a father, so I'm trying to find new hobbies for the fam.

I have 5 stock wheels if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rascole

Nice SUT, high on my want list. I would strongly suggest smaller rims if you plan to wheel it. I recently helped a 4 Runner on 20's after he didn't know he had a flat. He destroyed the tire and rim.

shope

Probationary Member
Most definitely. I’m still kinda on the fence about it since it has such low miles and in great condition. I’d hate to get out there and get some unwanted pin-striping or body damage. That’s my concern with it. Kicked around selling it for a cheaper H2 or getting an H3 an trick it out.