• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Traded it in

Traxx

Looks like the end of the Hummer road for me. I've had quite a few different H2 or H3's since 2005, had tons of fun. Took the 06 for a spin yesterday to run some errands come back and some jackass had thrown a milkshake all over it. Reeeeeally? Pretty sure the whole trendy eco weenie Hummer hate thing is all played out by now. Took it through the car wash and of course it tore the hood louver off because that is just how the day was going.

Slapped the louver back on with the remaining clips went and cruised the auto row and took a ZR2 for a spin, it's a fun little truck and I like the look of it, from the front anyways, the side looks like a bubble to me. Interior is basically an updated H3 so pretty familiar but the rear seating was just too cramped for a kid in a car seat. Heck just test fitting the car seat was a project, Just a no go. Went over to Dodge and didn't really find anything that I liked so went on over to Jeep land and looked at some Rubi's, after a couple hours of the usual rise in blood pressure negotiating and paperwork I picked up a Gladiator Rubicon. Gave me a good price on the 06 H3 which was great since I didn't pay very much for it.
I didn't think I would find something I like as much as the T but this thing is pretty sweet and the interior is laid out very well. Besides the fun factor with the top and doors off the thing that really pushed me into it was the ease of upgrading. Besides the obvious aftermarket support, you can add pretty much any factory option you might want, and are too cheap to pay upfront for like me :), at some point down the road whereas with GM if you didn't opt for a package then you aint getting it later unless you're buying a different vehicle or hacking things up.

truck.jpg

deserth3

Very nice. I traded mine in in a Silverado in 2017. Love the v8 and the room.
My biggest problem with the Colorado is no v8. I wouldn't mind smaller. But don't went to go back to a smaller engine

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Jeepwalker

Nice. Seems like it should have pretty good rearward visibility out of that. Jeeps are very customizable. Should have a ton of fun in it!

(got a couple Jeeps myself)

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats. I just still have not grown to like the Gladiator. Proportions seem off to me. Anyway glad you found a ride you like and got a good trade in on the H3.

SlcHummer

Congrats on the new rig! I'd be lying if I said I've never thought about going to jeep, however I've never sat or test drove one that I like the ride quality of...however none of them were a Rubicon.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have had Jeeps. Liked them well enough. The thing Jeep has over every other brand is aftermarket support. No other make has the depth of aftermarket offerings that Jeep owners have to choose from.

MilamJR

I have had Jeeps. Liked them well enough. The thing Jeep has over every other brand is aftermarket support. No other make has the depth of aftermarket offerings that Jeep owners have to choose from.

To their credit Ford realized that so looks like the Bronco is going to launch with some pretty impressive support day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

720H

To their credit Ford realized that so looks like the Bronco is going to launch with some pretty impressive support day one.

Seen a red- black roof 2 door 35's going down the road by the house in traffic. Looks pretty good in person have only seen vids and pictures which look plain

MilamJR

Seen a red- black roof 2 door 35's going down the road by the house in traffic. Looks pretty good in person have only seen vids and pictures which look plain

Hopefully they will be able to deliver a good reliable vehicle so people will have more options for a capable off-road vehicle.