• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

We are getting a Hummer BOOST= With all the TV commercials on the new Hummer Truck

ski.dive

We are getting a Hummer BOOST= With all the TV commercials on the new Hummer Truck

Attachments

• HUMMER NEW.jpg
    HUMMER NEW.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
We sure are. I was offered $90,000 for my '09 H3T Alpha just today. It's a a seller's market. [emoji6] Everyone wants a HUMMER truck now.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MilamJR

We sure are. I was offered $90,000 for my '09 H3T just today. It's a a seller's market. [emoji6] Everyone wants a HUMMER truck now.

Guess they don’t want to wait a year for the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The price will definitely weed out the tire kickers. The 2006 H1 Alpha wagons listed at about $146K so there is a niche for high priced off road vehicles. ( GM only sold a little over 600 of them though ) I was lucky enough to get two of them. The EV looks like it has a nicer interior than the Alpha but it looks a lot like every other GM product to me. Not sure how much the EV will expand the buyer pool for off road vehicles in that price range. I see these mainly stealing Range Rover/Tesla type customers. Not sure how many of these you will see off road. If the typical % of users who go off road applies they may be trail unicorns.

MilamJR

They are going to need this to be more than a niche vehicle to get to a positive ROI based on the investment they have reportedly made. If they only sale 600 of these shareholders should demand the board fire the whole management team.

Jeepwalker

I was blown away by the price too! A guy could buy a new Bronco for HALF the price ...and the Bronco looks cooler IMO.

It's a halo vehicle for GM: a starting place for a serious transition to electric vehicles. Like the model S was for Tesla. The S wasn't a volume car, but something to generate high profits to pump into less expensive more mainstream electric technology. Wealthier owners are more likely to splurge on newer technology like the H-ev, are more tolerant of teething problems and aren't as beholden to their vehicles long-term. The Hummer EV is the 'S' to GM, but a more unique and 'slicker' pkg. Good for them. They probably only started it when they heard Tesla was serious about coming out with a truck. So rather than get beat to the punch ..well, here it is. We won't be seeing an 'affordable' version for quite a while I suspect. Plus, it's fairly large and I'm not impressed with the whole pkg myself (although I'd consider one if it were affordable). I'd buy a Bronco long before the current EV Hummer for ~$112k. Pundits aren't even sure electric vehicles will be the long-term answer -- there've been recent Hydrogen breakthroughs that look very promising.

I'm going to stick with what I have. I think the H3 looks better than the Bronco and the Hummer! Once the Bronco comes out, it's going to sell like hotcakes. FCA will promote and discount the Wrangler ....people will dump H3's and they'll be plentiful.

Last edited:

Gpcalero

We sure are. I was offered $90,000 for my '09 H3T Alpha just today. It's a a seller's market. [emoji6] Everyone wants a HUMMER truck now.

Uhhhh..... As much as I love my H3T Alpha, I probably would have taken that.

Not sure what all you have done to your T, but you could find another one and do it all over again and still have plenty of cash left over lol.

Last edited:

720H

The price will definitely weed out the tire kickers. The 2006 H1 Alpha wagons listed at about $146K so there is a niche for high priced off road vehicles. ( GM only sold a little over 600 of them though ) I was lucky enough to get two of them. The EV looks like it has a nicer interior than the Alpha but it looks a lot like every other GM product to me. Not sure how much the EV will expand the buyer pool for off road vehicles in that price range. I see these mainly stealing Range Rover/Tesla type customers. Not sure how many of these you will see off road. If the typical % of users who go off road applies they may be trail unicorns.

If taking at face value could also be a test bed for any electric truck types coming in the future. The price suggests their going to be hand built not even thinking about volume. Guessing 1-3 year run. Does look perfect with the right amount of updates compared to a Tesla which is too far into the future

650Hawk

Yes, the price is -Whoooaaa-....but I just went online and "built" a 2021 Tahoe, 4wd, and it took very little to get the price up to 85-90K, so for what the Hummer H-ev is, $115K is not completely out of the realm of possibility (still out of my price range, but so is the Tahoe!).

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The H1 provided the Halo effect for the H2 and H3. GM hoped to capitalize off of the Hummer brand with the other models and did. GM just bailed on the brand when the overall market went into the toilet. They also bailed on a lot of Owners in a pretty ugly way.

Iwillnc

The H1 provided the Halo effect for the H2 and H3. GM hoped to capitalize off of the Hummer brand with the other models and did. GM just bailed on the brand when the overall market went into the toilet. They also bailed on a lot of Owners in a pretty ugly way.

We ended up a hell of a lot better than SAAB did fwiw.

Big2dabank

I still love my 2005 H2, its the perfect blend of form and function for my needs. In fact, I still prefer the look of my old H2 over the Hummer Ev. They would have to give me one hell of a rebate or trade up value for me to even consider the Hummer EV as an option for me in the next year or two.

Jeepwalker

....In fact, I still prefer the look of my old H2 over the Hummer Ev.

Well Said! (I feel that way about my H3.)

I think H3 prices will drop even more when the Bronco comes out. Everyone's going to want one, and Jeep will have heavy rebates on the Wrangler to try to keep some marketshare. The H3 doesn't have hardly any aftermarket support and parts are expensive. Some guys like me (and some of you) will hang on though...