• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Ugly fall down Black Bear Pass

JPaul

The guy recording was lucky, if he had been just a bit further along he would have been taken out and then be rolling down the mountain as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MilamJR

The guy recording was lucky, if he had been just a bit further along he would have been taken out and then be rolling down the mountain as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was thinking as I watched the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Korby7

I couldn’t imagine being any one of the people involved, especially the passenger. Glad her and the pups survived. The driver may not survive the next time he asks her to go off-roading.

MilamJR

I definitely wouldn’t be able to get my wife to stay in the vehicle when the tires left the pavement ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach

Mall Crawler
Definitely showing it to my GF. She’s already scared of going, just ices the cake. My alone time [emoji1787]

Mr_Rich

That looks pretty hairy. How does this trail compare to the one to Coyote Flats in the Sierras? My friends were saying it was challenging and they had full-size trucks going up that trail. Their sons in Jeeps got way ahead of them. I'm curious...

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Black Bear Pass is not a difficult trail. It's narrow with some challenging 3 point turns, but it's more of a fear factor trail. It's one way only - down. Full size vehicles are not recommended on it, I think in part due to width at some sections and the turning radius at the hairpin turns.

Here's one of my videos of the trail. The challenging part begins about 4:50

[video=youtube_share;-Nh0TPC8Tcc]https://youtu.be/-Nh0TPC8Tcc[/video]

RuggedH2

Web Wheeler
I've run that trail a few times. It's spectacularly beautiful. The H2 tires overhang the trail in some damn steep sections that always gets your attention. I'd say this and Cliffhanger in Moab are among the steepest trails I've run. Not including Hell's Gate.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I thought about taking my Silverado down it but it's just too long. Those turns would be horrible.

Zach

Mall Crawler
I thought about taking my Silverado down it but it's just too long. Those turns would be horrible.

A first here Alex, not even going to say what I was thinking. But, the switchback turns are horrible [emoji1783]