• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

April 2021 Black Sheep Week

bebe

Yep!! H1 HMC4, the Bebe Monster, H3T and now an H2 LOL not to mention the Polaris Rzr and Ranger. Most likely the Bebe monster though since she hasn't been to Moab in a looooong time.

rascole

Condo was just reserved, I have a 3 bed 2.5 bath. JPaul has requested 1 room so 1 more room is available if someone wants a 3 way split. Send me a message.

jakesz28

We will be there. Me, Sally and Alex for sure. Maybe Zach depending on college. Need to start looking for a condo or cabin. Not sure if it will be the H3, really want a front locker in it. Or maybe it will be the ZR2, lockers and lifted.
Almost need a 2 place trailer.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Anything on your Moab prep list? I need to swap in another steering rack as this one has gone from weeping to dripping. Would also like to update A/C system as compressornis getting noisy. Will also do alternator since I'm still on the original and we're doing other work. Belts, pulleys as well of course.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

rascole

Funny you mention that. At 160k 2 weeks ago I had the tranny rebuilt and upgraded to 4L65 and rebuilt TC and 4 new tires this week.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Funny you mention that. At 160k 2 weeks ago I had the tranny rebuilt and upgraded to 4L65 and rebuilt TC and 4 new tires this week.
And I did have the transmission fail on me in Moab on the first day, 2013 I think

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Tow strap and a 3Hummers H1 is much less than 2k. But it still wiped out my week. 160K on the 4L60E is good

JPaul

Rebuilding the rear ARB after the copper line ended up plugged from dirt getting into the line. New seals arrived yesterday from ARB under warranty so today I'll be trying to get it back together without buggering those as well. Then getting the diff back in and setup correctly.

New tires have been ordered and I think they are at the shop now, need to call them today to see if they are ready and then take my wheels down to have them mounted (unless I can get the diff back in and then can just drive the H3 down).

That's all I really have to do, aside from getting the CB antenna re-mounted now that I have taken my roof rack off. I'd still like to get my electrical setup finished in the rear though and get my fridge hooked into that and possibly my ham radio as well.

Nothing else on the "must do" list right now, though I probably need to replace the fan clutch, I am pretty sure it is going out. Napa seems to be selling a lot more "Made in China" junk these days. The best diff bearings they had were SKF but made in China. No thanks. Took those back after getting some Timken's basically overnight from Amazon for half the cost of the Napa SKF's.

The fan clutch I have in there now is also a Napa item, it apparently didn't even make it the two years it had a warranty but by the time I figured out it was having issues it was past the warranty. $260 wasted. I still have the OEM clutch but with how old it is I should just get a new one. (I just looked up pricing and of course a new GM fan clutch is only $130 from Rock Auto...).

jakesz28

If I bring the H3 it needs new tires. These Nittos are 7 years old. I was chucking tread at Moab 2 years ago. I don't even want to start rebuilding the front end, bushings, cv's, ect. All of which are still factory parts.

If I bring the ZR2 it should be ready other than gas and maybe some spare parts.

EndeavoredH3

Anything on your Moab prep list? I need to swap in another steering rack as this one has gone from weeping to dripping. Would also like to update A/C system as compressornis getting noisy. Will also do alternator since I'm still on the original and we're doing other work. Belts, pulleys as well of course.

I have to swap in another rack as well, really f’d it up on pyeatt draw. I swear that rock came out of nowhere.

Also have to replace my upper control arms. Also need 5 tires, ugh.

I[OIIIIIIIO]I

I plan to attend!

This will be my first trip to Moab but I am not new to wheeling.

Adam Carr

Grand Rapids, MI.

2009 Hummer H3 CE Alpha on 35"
Room booked Sat/Sat at the Motel 6 :thumbs:

Last edited:

JPaul

Turns out spring break for the kids (and wife, she is a school teacher) is the same week as this. My wife wanted to go to Disneyworld, but that isn't really feasible so they are going to be coming down with me. They may not go out every day with us, but they'll probably join us for a few of the trails. So that will be a total of 5 for us (more or less).