• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

April 2021 Black Sheep Week

rascole

Would love to Pricket but I don't know or think a stock H3 would make it in one piece? Are there bypasses on the big obstacles?

EDIT. After reading about that trail it seems like the bypasses are almost just as hard.
Was just going to write that. I watch 5 videos and read several trail reviews and it doesn't look to be IFS friendly. I wouldn't mind riding shot gun for someone and running the GoPro.

Last edited:

BW_Hummer H3

I’m in! I’m bringing an H3 with 35s, lockers and full undercarriage protection. I have a decent amount of tools and spare parts to bring as well.

Edit: not for Pritchett, but for Moab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I’m in! I’m bringing an H3 with 35s, lockers and full undercarriage protection. I have a decent amount of tools and spare parts to bring as well.

Edit: not for Pritchett, but for Moab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! What days will you be there?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know any number of guys with H1s have run Pritchett successfully and they are full IFS but much beefier than an H3. I also know that several replaced multiple half shafts. A heavy toll on ball joints, idler and pitman arms is not uncommon.

SickStringC

My PTO request is in for Wednesday and Thursday. I'll drive over from Junction on the weekends for day trips if there's wheeling to be had with the group.

Ordered a new winch (mine began to fail on Pritchett last time and the synthetic cable has several bad spots) and am replacing my previously rebuilt RCV axles which are popping something fierce with some G2 Placer Gold Chromolys before the trip as well as having an overall health check of the rig by a local, trusted shop before returning to Pritchett.

If you have a weak link in your rig. Any weak link. Pritchett will find it for you. I'll have room for a passenger or two if anyone wants to ride along. I don't recommend this trail for the feint of heart, the mildly built or the inexperienced wheeler. The beauty is epic and lures you in, but Pritchett is not forgiving!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Recommended trail list and days:
Sunday: Top of the World
Monday: Hell's Revenge (all first timers have to do this trail and Monday usually has the best overlap of newbies)
Tuesday: TBD (Metal Masher, Steel Bender, Poison Spider/Moab Rim?)
Wednesday: Pritchett (crazy people); Seven Mile Rim (everyone else)
Thursday: TBD
Friday: TBD

bebe

Wednesday Pritchett List
06 H3H3 SASYes
cgalphaH3 SASYes
3HummersScorpionYes
LagunaH1Jeep WJYes
SickstringCJeep JKLikely
Battle RattleJeep LJLikely
ReloaderH3 SAS???
Bebe and SpeedyH3 Monster???

We did the Pritchett in the rzr in 2019. It was very torn up, and not IFS friendly because of the speed/spinning you need to get up some of the obstacles. Friends of mine with very capable rigs who have been doing it for 20 years opted out. We went anyway, it's a beautiful trail, amazing obstacles, but IMHO it's buggy territory now. SAS should be fine, but a stock BW transfer case could take a beating, so bring a spare.

I'd rather be able to drive the Bebe Monster home :giggle: and instead have a play date hanging out with the girls at our condo with the hot tub! 7 mile sounds fun too, but if Speedy can garner a seat for Pritchett I'm sure all attending will be glad he went with you :horns:

So excited about this year!!!!

bebe

P.S. - I would be down to run Poison Spider/ Golden Spike/ Gold Bar Rim with the rest of the Big guys....I LOVE that trail. Less modified are welcome too - but it's a loooong day.

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
I'd rather be able to drive the Bebe Monster home :giggle: and instead have a play date hanging out with the girls at our condo with the hot tub!

So excited about this year!!!!

Rick can likely ride with me. I doubt I will have a passenger. He can even have some driver seat time.

Wow :wink:
Spend the day with the girls at the hot tub or go wheeling with the guys:mock:

My speedy sense is telling me i would be more welcome spending the day with the guys :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Last edited:

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
I'll be bringing a few spare parts along
12volt Suit case welder
Transfer case. loose rear bushing but will get you home
Encoder motor
Rear leaf spring pack
Fuel pump
Alpha specific Radiator hoses

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Did Reloader pick up some spare 10 bolt shafts? He told me he found some H3 rear shafts on Craigslist.

I’ll bring my old D44 axle shafts for spares. They will fit a Chevy 44 and be a decent spare since we have a few SAS H3s this year.

I should be covered on spares for myself. I have a set of rear shafts, front shafts, and a set of front and rear driveshafts. If I take out a R&P or my heavy cast iron gear driven t case I’ll just walk home.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Did Reloader pick up some spare 10 bolt shafts? He told me he found some H3 rear shafts on Craigslist.

I’ll bring my old D44 axle shafts for spares. They will fit a Chevy 44 and be a decent spare since we have a few SAS H3s this year.

I should be covered on spares for myself. I have a set of rear shafts, front shafts, and a set of front and rear driveshafts. If I take out a R&P or my heavy cast iron gear driven t case I’ll just walk home.
He didn't say anything. I've only seen one H3 rear shaft break on the trail, but I'll admit I wasn't wheeling with you, the man that's broken EVERYTHING

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
P.S. - I would be down to run Poison Spider/ Golden Spike/ Gold Bar Rim with the rest of the Big guys....I LOVE that trail. Less modified are welcome too - but it's a loooong day.
There hasn't been a group doing that in a while. Hope one can be put together, that's a great idea.

jakesz28

I will have the common H3 parts, used cv axles, rack and pinion, tie rods, maybe front differential or 2, driveshaft universals, universal strap kits, ect.

Anyone want a 8.5" electric locker? I bought it to use in mine but never did. The pins and locking gear look great. Almost like it was never used. But it is missing one flat shim for the side gear. Will let it go pretty cheap.

Probably should look for a spare 4:1 transfecase at some point.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I'll be bringing some H3 spares in addition to SAS parts

-10bolt rear axle shaft (spare c-clip also)
-Alpha power steering pump
-Alpha serpentine belt
-Upper intermediate steering shaft
-Spare h3 tie rod.
-H3 trans line radiator clips (after having one pop off, I now carry spares)
-Fluids for everything

For SAS I have
-spare tie rod ends
-wheel bearings
-lockout hubs
-assorted 1/2 inch bolts
-power steering lines

If anyone wants the following stuff that I'm getting rid of, I can lug it to moab as well:
-60 inch hi lift extreme
-hella 500 lights
-nikight flush mount floodlights

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk