• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

April 2021 Black Sheep Week

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Let's try this again - hoping no pandemic in 2021

When - Sunday, April 4 - Saturday, April 10, 2021
Where- Moab, UT (morning meeting place below)
Who - all off-roaders that want to have a good time in Moab

A variety of lodging options are available in Moab, including commercial campgrounds, rough camping, hotels (Motel 6 often has the best rates). Condos on the south side of town are becoming more popular and that's now our evening meeting place. If you can get 3+ together, you may save some money vs. hotels. Check out VRBO.com. All vehicles are welcome - Hummers, Jeeps, Rovers, Scorpions, RZRs, etc. Thanks to Jeri, we were able to book our regular condo.

First timers - the prerequisite is to have fun! As for your vehicle, you'll want the following: good off-road tires, undercarriage protection (skid plates), spare parts for common breakages for your vehicle (CV axles, u-joints, etc.), any specialty tools for your vehicle (wheel locks, odd size sockets/wrenches), air compressor (most air down for the week and air up at the end, but some days have longer roads home so airing up is advised), cooler for your daily bevs/lunch (no alcohol on the trails, please), CB radio preferred.

What's our daily agenda? Meet at 9ish, go do a trail, get back into town. We've been doing group dinners at one of the condos more often in the past couple of years (Ugly Beans!).

First times - no worries, we will not get you over your head or let you do any foolish stuff. We'll keep an eye on you and your rig and coach you through things and build your skills before you do anything too difficult.

Expected to appear this year: a bright yellow Scorpion, a newly SAS'd H3 Alpha, an upgraded WJ, an updated Bebe-monster with a 6.0 and upgraded axles, and many others.

We meet each morning behind the cinemas adjacent to the McDonalds. Here we won't interfere with any open businesses and we have access to coffee and restrooms at McDonalds.
https://www.google.com/maps/@38.5638...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

i-kv5fWsv-XL.jpg

Seven%20Mile%20040318%20%2849%29-L.jpg

Attendee List

Best guess and confirmed is below. I will start cleaning up as we get confirmations.

Count# in PartyAttendeesK9VehicleLodgingConfirmed?Arrival/Departure DatesStateWed Pritchett
123HummersScorpionCondoYTXYes
23Alrock1H3CondoYSat-WedAZ
32Reloader & JeriH3ACondoYSat-SatAZ
41LagunaH1WJCondoYCAYes
51JasonJKCondoYSat-SatAZ
62Bebe & Speedy2H3M?CondoYNV
72SilvertonJKBowen HotelYSun-SatAZ
85JPaulH3AYUT
91TXMikeJKYTX
101RascoleH3CondoYCA
113-4jakesz28H3YMO
121EndeavoredH3H3YMon-SunAZ
13206 H3H3 on 43sYIDYes
142cgalphaH3CondoYSun-SatIAYes
151vdawg1115H3YCA
162Tsar TrailH3AKOAYCO
171I[OIIIIIIIO]IH3AMotel6YSat-SatMI
181BW_Hummer H3H3YSun-SatTX
191SickstringCJKYSun, WedCOYes
201Battle RattleLJNSun, WedCOYes

Last edited:

JPaul

I'm going to plan on the full week, but probably won't come down until Sunday afternoon so as to spend Easter morning with the family.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

EndeavoredH3

The guys at PHR and I will already be up there for eastern jeep safari the week prior, most likely we will do the first half of the week! Probably SUN-WED. We will be bringing an H1, H2 and H3.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I’m in, I’ll be getting there a few days early. My buddy has an U4 race at Area BFE on the 2nd and 3rd. I’ll help pit for him and then stay and hangout with the Blacksheep.

I hear Connor is coming with his SAS H3 too, maybe Steve can have his done by then!

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I’m in, I’ll be getting there a few days early. My buddy has an U4 race at Area BFE on the 2nd and 3rd. I’ll help pit for him and then stay and hangout with the Blacksheep.

I hear Connor is coming with his SAS H3 too, maybe Steve can have his done by then!
Awesome! Is your better half coming with you?

Reloader began cleaning up his front axle this week. Hope he gets it all together.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Yep, can confirm, my fiance and I have the time off approved so we will be coming to MOAB this year! (although she'll be my wife by then lol)

Ill be figuring out lodging over the next few weeks.

MilamJR

Me and my son are going to try to make it in 2021 since we didn’t get to make it for 2020. It is a 24 hour drive each way so should get there Sunday and would have to leave Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. 20 hours actual drive time. With gas and pee stops it is 24 hours on the road time. No great way to get there. Lots of small roads and we do pass through New Mexico, which has the best roads in the country...10 feet at a time.

MilamJR

Yes. 20 hours actual drive time. With gas and pee stops it is 24 hours on the road time. No great way to get there. Lots of small roads and we do pass through New Mexico, which has the best roads in the country...10 feet at a time.

Wow. My behind the wheel time will be 24 hours but interstate and highway most of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know. I had to stop and tighten straps half a dozen times last time I went that way...and that was after all of the construction on it.

JPaul

My vacation is in, anyone want to share a condo?

Just talked to the wife about the finances, I'll go in again with you. It'll just be me coming down still. After this last year and the workload I have for the next several months I'm definitely going to need a relaxing weeklong vacation.