• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

April 2021 Black Sheep Week

JPaul

Talked to the transmission company today and they are sending out a whole new unit. Crossing my fingers that it gets here in time.

I can drive with the current one but those hard 1-2 shifts really suck in 4low.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crap. Looks like next week is going to be extremely busy and we have bad weather forecast for this weekend. Going to be a PITA getting everything loaded up and ready to go between now and next Thursday evening.

jakesz28

8 days left before we head out. Got most of the spare parts and tools packed last night. Might put a new thermostat in the I5 before we leave. It just started giving a P0128 trouble code. Comes up coolant temperature to low. With the scanner the coolant temp is running 175-177*. Considering waiting till I get back, but I don't want a dash light on the trail.

Kurt

Sounds like a great trip in the works. I won't be able to make it unless I fly out to LA and drive the truck back to Texas via Utah, but the timing is off for now. If there's an event in the fall, I'll probably be in NV/AZ by then.

BW_Hummer H3

Got my Tomp shock mounts installed and that wrapped up all my pre Moab things to get done. Looking forward to the trip

edf45217f445f7ae11cfc044884d6514.jpg

Still need to cut the bolts down a little bit though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
With the new spike in new cases the past few days, I will have to pass again this year. This pandemic has affected too many people who I know. I've made it this far, have not missed a day going to the office since all this started and I can't afford to get sick and miss work at this point. Too much going on and too many people depending on me getting their work done and staying Covid-free. I was hoping that more people were going to get vaccinated by now and waited until today to pull the plug. I hope everyone has a great time and stays healthy and COVID free. I will see you all next year.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

EndeavoredH3

35’s installed
New upper control arms installed
New steering rack installed

Need to tac weld my forward leaf spring bushings, they don’t want to stay in the leaf eyelet. And then make rock sliders. Other than that I’m set to go

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Understand Luis. Texas just opened vaccinations up to everyone but the line to get a vaccination is pretty long and you have to try to get on a list and wait your turn as vaccine becomes available. Looking forward to seeing you next year, if not sooner.

JPaul

Transmission is finally shipped and being sent via Fedex, should be here Thursday so that gives me time to get it replaced before I leave Sunday.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Don't worry Chris, I'll show you the good lines in Moab so stuff like that doesn't happen to you :)

Thank you! That ended up being a **** show rather quickly. Last time on that obstacle I was on the perfect line and made it with ease. This time not so much....I was puckering and hoping I didn’t end up with too much pre Moab work.

bebe

Sunday night - Ugly Bean, Rice, Salad
Wednesday night - Chicken Adobo, Rice, Salad

We actually don't have a garage LOL (but we can have 4 dogs) :giggle: we have a large patio so we can eat there. Bring a chair and your beverage of choice!

JPaul

Transmission is almost all the way out. Would have had it pulled by tonight but I am missing some tools after the move and had to go get some replacements. By the time I got done with those errands it was time to do some night work for my job and take a shower, so maybe tomorrow during lunch I can get it out. Just have to pull the transfer case and crossmember and then a few of the bolts are left on the bellhousing. New trans is scheduled to be delivered Thursday between 2-6PM. Hopefully getting it back in will go faster than pulling it out, especially now that I have all the tools I need and don't have to dig around for them.

Have my 2nd covid shot in the morning, hopefully it doesn't take me down too badly. So glad I get to be completely exhausted in time for the trip.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
81804beeeeed32845ceb64e00cc67690.jpg

Got the Hummer loaded up this afternoon and made it to Salt Lake City tonight. Off to NY and then I’ll be finishing the drive Monday.

jakesz28

Well, going to be loading stuff up and getting ready to leave. Hope to be on the road by 7am Friday. Probably stopping just outside of Denver on I70. Then finishing the drive Saturday. Staying at the Red Sands Habitation.

JPaul

Transmission arrived and I was able to finish getting the transfer case and the old trans out and the new trans and transfer case bolted in thanks to the generous help of a neighbor.

Looks like tomorrow (today?, it's 12:01 here now, so Friday) I can finish getting it all buttoned up and make sure it really works and then finally start preparing for the trip.