• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

April 2021 Black Sheep Week

jakesz28

I'll be bringing some H3 spares in addition to SAS parts

-10bolt rear axle shaft (spare c-clip also)
-Alpha power steering pump
-Alpha serpentine belt
-Upper intermediate steering shaft
-Spare h3 tie rod.
-H3 trans line radiator clips (after having one pop off, I now carry spares)
-Fluids for everything

For SAS I have
-spare tie rod ends
-wheel bearings
-lockout hubs
-assorted 1/2 inch bolts
-power steering lines

If anyone wants the following stuff that I'm getting rid of, I can lug it to moab as well:
-60 inch hi lift extreme
-hella 500 lights
-nikight flush mount floodlights

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

What do you want for the highlift? I would kinda like to have a second one around the house at times?

I[OIIIIIIIO]I

So excited to join you guys, I think the Hummer is just about ready!!!

Here are most of the spares I am bringing, if you see anything I may want to add let me know.

All Fluids
New steering rack with rod ends
2 front CV axles
Front Drive shaft
U-Joints for front and rear with strap kits
All brake hoses
serpentine belt
Idler pulley and belt tensioner
Lower ball joints
Clean underwear :whaa:

I have my CB but is anyone using GMRS?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
He didn't say anything. I've only seen one H3 rear shaft break on the trail, but I'll admit I wasn't wheeling with you, the man that's broken EVERYTHING

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

How it goes....

Break front end parts. Do SAS. Put on 37s

Break factory H3 rear locker. (still allows you to drive home)

Upgrade rear locker to ARB, OX, etc.

Rear 10 bolt shaft or front 44 shaft breaks

Upgrade to 1 tons, slap on 40s

H3 t case chain starts to stretch, bump obstacles hard enough and send a gear tooth through the case, JB weld hole, refill fluid, drive 400 miles home.

Put in 205 doubler.

Nothing really breaks. All weak links appear to be gone.

Idiot throws on 43s. “1 ton” 1350 driveshaft U joints aren’t what they used to be. Now I’m going to 1410 U joints.

What’s next? We shall see

jakesz28

I[OIIIIIIIO]I;241351 said:
So excited to join you guys, I think the Hummer is just about ready!!!

Here are most of the spares I am bringing, if you see anything I may want to add let me know.

All Fluids
New steering rack with rod ends
2 front CV axles
Front Drive shaft
U-Joints for front and rear with strap kits
All brake hoses
serpentine belt
Idler pulley and belt tensioner
Lower ball joints
Clean underwear :whaa:

I have my CB but is anyone using GMRS?

We have always used a CB in the past. I will have a hand held ham that can do gmrs in emergency cases.

Korby7

How it goes....

H3 t case chain starts to stretch, bump obstacles hard enough and send a gear tooth through the case, JB weld hole, refill fluid, drive 400 miles home.

Put in 205 doubler.

Idiot throws on 43s. “1 ton” 1350 driveshaft U joints aren’t what they used to be. Now I’m going to 1410 U joints.

Dang! I thought I was a bit further along into the build... I’m guess I’m gonna have to go back to strippin' in the evenings. I promised myself I’d never go back. Oh well.

Last edited:

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Dang! I thought I was a bit further along into the build... I’m guess I’m gonna have to go back to stripping’ in the evenings. I promised myself I’d never go back. Oh well.

[emoji1787][emoji1787] the 44/10 bolt is a great combo with 37s. If you drive smart (which we were all trained to do with H3 front ends) you will be fine.

Each 44 shaft and the 10 bolt shaft break was well deserved, bound up. Lots of weight on one corner and snap. I’d say if you upgrade the rear locker you can have a very long happy reliable life with that setup.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
How it goes....

Put in 205 doubler.

Geez, I'm still trying to figure out if I need new torsion bar keys to fit 35s.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
As I mentioned previously, I don't see us hosting dinners at our condo this year but we'd love to host cocktail hours - before or after dinner - in the garage and driveway. I'm not terribly concerned about COVID but I made a commitment to others about this week and using reasonable precautions.

We're at 3764 Prickly Pear Cir, Moab, UT 84532. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.5162183,-109.4868411,19.5z I forget the unit number (1A4???) but this is the location. We can also do garage repairs here as necessary especially since the Outpost is no longer an option.

i-fC7L4kD-L.jpg

jakesz28

As I mentioned previously, I don't see us hosting dinners at our condo this year but we'd love to host cocktail hours - before or after dinner - in the garage and driveway. I'm not terribly concerned about COVID but I made a commitment to others about this week and using reasonable precautions.

We're at 3764 Prickly Pear Cir, Moab, UT 84532. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.5162183,-109.4868411,19.5z I forget the unit number (1A4???) but this is the location. We can also do garage repairs here as necessary especially since the Outpost is no longer an option.

i-fC7L4kD-L.jpg

Do you think we may go out to eat as a group in restaurants? Or are we going to minimize our time gathered in groups?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Moab restaurants are open. I can't find anything that restricts group sizes though they must maintain social distancing between tables in restaurants. Everyone's welcome to do as they please; it's just that I can't do group dinners myself this year. I'm headed to a wedding right after Moab and I promised to be extra careful ahead of that wedding. But there's a good chance that I eat in restaurants as well.

Most of our group gatherings are outdoors and pretty much naturally spaced so I'm personally not too worried about that.

Silverton34

I will be eating at the Broken Oar and the Mexican Restaurant on the main road, likely the Moab Brewery at least once ( baby back ribs )

Im with him

We are staying at the Ritz Carleton downtown (Bowen Motel) and eating out every meal. Both of us have had our shots several weeks ago.

jakesz28

Moab prep continues. Sun damaged stickers replaced
i-vffJ3kD-L.jpg

I just washed and waxed mine. The paint on the top of the fenders is too faded. But the rest of the paint is looking good. The H3 has less pin striping then the ZR2. They must have used good enamal paint back in 07. The 2018's are using water based paint, which is too soft.

Got about 400 miles on the front differential now so I may change the gear lube in it before Moab. No leaks or drips. More importantly no gear noise or whining.