Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bald Tire
    Thanks
    Hey man! yeah this community is great - lots of knowledge floating around and people seem super welcoming! So far she is running like a top, just getting used to the creeks of a new car but overall I have 0 complaints.

I saw the listing on ebay for the 06 sensor and the ONLY reason I have not pulled the trigger on it is I have no idea why the car it came from was salvaged and I would hate to pop it in and have the sensor blow the airbags because of a crash or something on another vehicle. I hope to get it all tied up next week though - and will probably order the OEM one and just install it...the procedure seems pretty simple but Im about as novice a tinkerer as they come. Go slow, follow the book is about all I can hope for (maybe Ill tape it and put up a video for others if they have this issue)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Chances that would happen are really low, but....

Something to consider: if you plan to hang on to your H3 for a long time, might be a worthwhile investment to consider getting a 'good' scan tool so you can see these things and know what's going on in advance. For the price of the OEM part (vs Used), and a trip to the dealer, you could put that money towards a GM knock-off Tech II scanner (~$350 or less). Then unhook the airbags and turn it on. You can see if a used module sends out a fault (or any module/relay/solenoid/sensor/etc doing something not anticipated). Just one saved trip to the dealer could pay for it. I have access to a Snap-On scanner that has a lot of capabilities and has saved my butt many times. Not as comprehensive as the GM Tech II, but not far from it in terms of capabilities, bi-directional controls ...and works cross platform. Eventually most owners get fatigued from dealer pricing or not having the ability to troubleshoot or understand electrical issues (and eventually sell their vehicle out of frustration of being bled money), or some get tooled up. Anyway, just a thought -- glad you have a plan for the sensor. Buying a new sensor/part never hurts either.
    Last edited by Jeepwalker; 10-19-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    Jeepwalker

'07 H3 Advent/Lux
    Jeep XJ, ZJ, WJ
    Ram & GMC 4x4's
    Toyota Hilux

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeepwalker For This Useful Post:

CYnon (10-19-2020)

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    I had planned on getting some flavor of scanner -its been recommended across the board it seems and I plan to keep this thing a while...ideallly I will learn how to do stuff on my own as well to save the prices. The only reason I went to the dealer was I am a little queasy about messing with the airbags and was not expecting the 800 dollars in labor they quoted me. Im very much a youtube/google competent repair guy - by that I mean if I can find a thorough tutorial on something, I can get it done. Regardless Ill look for a Tech II scanner and see if I cant manage to find something that will work and save myself some time and frustration. Im going to order that module now as well and just fingers crossed.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    You might consider going to the H3 manual and read through the section on airbags if you haven't already. One of the best parts of any GM manual (for any section/topic) is the Description section which explains how things work in concept and practice. Once you understand how things are supposed to work, and why, it really helps clarify matters and makes it easier to troubleshoot & repair. For a guy learning his vehicle and how to repair, it's a valuable resource.

Look through the forums and ask a bunch of questions before you buy the Tech II (or other scanner). So you get the best one that works for you.
    Jeepwalker

'07 H3 Advent/Lux
    Jeep XJ, ZJ, WJ
    Ram & GMC 4x4's
    Toyota Hilux

Low Profile
    Thanks
    Great to hear! This is definitely the place to be!